Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV won't connect to internet

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 06:49 PM)
robbo4
First Poster
Options

I have recently purchased a UE55TU8500 and have the same issue as I've seen on other posts. The TV connects fine to the local network but won't connect to the internet. I've tried both wireless and wired connections and have the same problem. I've tried connecting via my mobile as a wireless hotspot and that works ok so the issue seems to be a compatibility issue between the TV and the router. My router is a Netgear Nighthawk and I've not had any problems with other devices connecting before. Looking on the Netgear forum there appears to be a lot of complaints specific to Samsung TVs. I'd be grateful for any advice if anyone has found a solution to this. Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
have you looked at the TV settings and connections?? sometimes you have to tell the TV where to get it's signal...
0 Likes
robbo4
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I'm reasonably tech savvy and have looked at the router table to check it's really connected to the wired port on the router when I think it is and likewise wireless when I've configured the TV to be wireless. I've just spent an hour on chat with Samsung support and they've suggested all the same things as I'd found on other posts in this forum. Unfortunately none of them work. As the TV connects ok when I use a mobile as a hotspot and it doesn't on either wired or wireless connection to the Netgear router it seems logical that the issue is between the TV and the router.

0 Likes
Gkil14
First Poster
Options

I feel STUPID! I resolved my issue. Unfortunately, it was a self inflicted problem that I've been researching and trouble shooting all day. I recently purchased Google Nest, and have 3 points. I have the access to turn wifi connections off to any given device connected to my internet. I use the function to manually shut down my son's internet- video games when his time is up. When doing so at bedtime last night, I inadvertently paused the internet access to my TV too. Basically I fat fingered. It did not even cross my mind until my son just asked me 30 minutes ago to please turn his internet back on. Theb wa la! Problem fixed. It took time to re-enter all my user ids and passwords to the apps on my tv- because I reset it like 4 times. I can't be the only one this has happened to. Uggggg

0 Likes