Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV will not download terms and conditions and privacy policy

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 06:29 PM)
dazhat
Journeyman
Options

20201206_113549.jpg

It will not progress past this stage during smart TV setup.

No error code appears. I have left it for a couple of hours and there is no change.

TV model is LT32E390SX/XU

38 REPLIES 38
Kman
First Poster
Options

That's great. Glad you got it working. When I originally took my tv out of the box there was no region selection either but on the tu8000 the reset was in the menus. Reset to factory is what it said I believe. It's almost like someone who tested the tv at the manufacturer forgot to do this. I'm guessing the reset is a different process on our tvs. With TVs and technology today I can't believe I got a internet unstable message,which it is not, instead of a message saying HEY, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG REGION AND NEED TO CHANGE THAT SO YOU CAN USE THE APPS. It should obviously know the region we are in from our IP address. I'm guessing different regions in the world have different criteria on terms of use. After I did factory reset on mine then voila, select your region. Really sux to buy a new tv and then have to Bill Gates around to get it working. Glad you gotter. Cheers.

0 Likes
NaanaNaans
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue .. can you help me out 

0 Likes
Simwood91
Journeyman
Options

I have a different model but I'm assuming this works across the board for Samsung - I ended up doing a hard reset by holding down the power button on the remote for around 5 seconds so that the Tizen logo comes up and that seemed to sort it. I have no idea why. After that the points 1 to 4 appeared along the top of the screen and Ts&Cs were fine. Good luck

Danabw
Apprentice
Options

OMG, this was the worst TV setup experience I've ever had, period. Unable to get the Terms and Conditions download/approval done until I had: 

1. Reset the TV multiple times (seemed to require a full factory reset even though the TV was brand new. That's just wrong. 
2. Used my phone's mobile hotspot to connect the TV to the internet. 

I have an ad blocking module on my router, and that appears to have blocked connection to Samsung's T&Cs server. Until I used my phone hotspot to connect I got the "server maintenance" error message, which is clearly not the issue. Server is working fine, it's just a server w/tracking that my tracking/ad blocker module found. 

Samsung: There is NO GOOD REASON (and likely violates privacy standards) to have your T&Cs server doing tracking before someone even downloads and approves of T&Cs.

I have never had an issue like this w/completing T's & C's any other TV or internet-connected device in my home, including Apple, Sony, Lutron, Hue, Shield TV, Hubitat, etc. But w/this Samsung TV it was an awful start, and leaves me regretting purchasing it. 

This is a very simple problem to solve yet there are still many old and new mentions of this issue all over the internet (including here on your own forum!). This is a very easy to solve problem, just separate your T&Cs content from your tracking servers. Not rocket science. Piece of cake for IT if you just ask them to do it. 

My family has only used Samsung phones back to the S4, I have owned three generations of Samsung watches and just updated to the Watch 4 Classic, we have a Samsung dryer, etc. So I'm a lilttle bit of a fanboy, and thought I'd try one of your TVs. But you have crapped all over that w/this setup experience. Last Samsung TV I ever buy. Back to Sony from now on. I will not be recommending Samsung TVs to friends/family. Very disappointing. 

Options

How did you get that far, when I try to update it asks me to sign the terms and conditions. I hate Samsung

0 Likes
Simwood91
Journeyman
Options

Hi Rob, the way this forum is set out doesn't make it clear who you're responding to but search the thread and you should find my post about how I got past it - a hard reset i.e. hold down the power button for around 5 seconds until the Tizen logo appears. Then I think there were a couple of pages of yes I agree or select language or something basic like that, then it just went through steps 1 to 5 across the top of the screen on its own, and all sorted. If you reply to me just type my name too.

0 Likes
Simwood91
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, not Tizen, Hi Sense :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Prem Singh
First Poster
Options

Problem in led

0 Likes
F-shehu
Journeyman
Options

@Simwood91 I tried to hard reset by holding down the power button on remote control but the tv just restarted,  is there other way to hard reset? I have tried different dns options, wired net/ wifi, hotspot from my mobile, I did reset the tv several times, tried different countries nothing works. Tried to connect to smart thing get the error something went wrong. Any other option?

0 Likes
Simwood91
Journeyman
Options

Hi F-shehu,

I'm not sure what else to suggest to be honest, that was the only method I found online that worked for me. I hate to sound like I'm doubting you but are you sure you held it down for at least 5 seconds? Maybe try 10? Really sorry if that doesn't happen for you, I don't know what country you're in but it may be worth a call to Samsung customer services if you can find a number appropriate for you, or maybe try Twitter... Good luck and sorry again I can't help. If you get anywhere, don't forget to update us if you can 

0 Likes