Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tv white dots flashing scattered problem

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 10:58 AM)
MazHax
Student
Options

Hello, i own a fullHD tv (model n: UE46F6100AK) and i have some problems with it. A few months ago i started seeing occasionally a lot of white dots -small as a pixel- flashing scattered on the tv, at first we replaced the device connected to the tv thinking it was the problem but soon the white dots came back again. I realized that the problem was coming only from the HDMI/2 port of the tv so i moved the connected device to the HDMI1 port. The problem disappeared for some time but then after i switched the connected device with another one of another company the white dots came back again. Due the fact i've connected 3 different devices to the tv and the same problem occurred with all of them i imagine the problem is coming from the tv. What do i need to do? I think the warranty is over and i don't want spend too much on it.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Sounds like a hardware issue, is the TV by a chance still under warranty? In that case I recommend to contact the vendor to handle it inside the warranty.
0 Likes
Lu1993ke
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever sort this? My tv doing the exact same. Really annoying as it's still quite new

canuckx3
First Poster
Options

just bought a new 75 in samsung tv and the screen is covered with flickering flashes of light across the screen - defective tv?

0 Likes
Q80Mark
First Poster
Options

Same problem here on a 55 inch Q80R, only a couple of weeks old.. I think it's the Sky HD box only that is causing the problem. Happened on HDMI slot 2, so I changed to slot 1 and was better for a bit but is now happening again. Will probably test sky box through my old tv. Seems to be some sort of interference possibly coming from the sky signal? Hasn't happened on netflix or a blu-ray DVD that I've noticed. .

0 Likes
Lu1993ke
Apprentice
Options

Hey is this the style of issue you have? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew5yiW2FZF4&feature=youtu.be

That my tv on my BT TV box. Same issue, only happening on one hmdi port. No flickering on Netflix/youtube/any app.

I rung up samsung and they told me to reset the tv to factory settings which i havnt tried yet, but cant imagine helping.

0 Likes
Q80Mark
First Poster
Options

Hi, it's very similar to yours but not nearly as bad - just a few bits of 'snow'.. I'm worried it will get worse though. Not had chance to check on my old tv to rule out sky box, I'll swap HDMI cables also to rule that out.

0 Likes
Q80Mark
First Poster
Options

Actually more I think about it, that's a pointless test because skybox, cable etc working fine on current port hdmi 1. 

0 Likes
Lu1993ke
Apprentice
Options

I think its the hdmi port on the tv. As like you swapping it to another port is fine. Ive swapped cables etc too and still happenes. Thing is for me, my TV only has 2 hdmi ports. So I need one for my soundbar and one for my BT TV. If my soundbar is in the same port, it doesnt work properly.

0 Likes
Solution
MazHax
Student
Options

Thanks to everyone for replying, it's been some time and i assume to have a solution by now.  What i can say is that the flickering dots didn't show up after i did two main things:  i replaced the old sky/ samsung hdmi cables with newer ones and i changed all the connected devices with new version of them. 

Before, i had an old tv box with android 4.1 or something close to that, and old samsung blu ray reader from 2012 i think and an old version of a sky decoder, now i have a new tv box with a newer version of android and the new sky q decoder, with this new setup i haven't seen any dots in a while. What i am assuming without any clue (so don't take my words ad 100% tre) is that the tv was facing problems with older devices. 

Replying to some of the questions you asked me, 1) no the tv isn't under warranty anymore but it seema that the problem is over and 2) yes, the flickering dots were the same shown in the youtube video. I hope you'll find a solution too, thank you 👍

0 Likes