Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV updates over and over and does nothing else.

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 05:26 PM)
CJBaker
First Poster
Options

My Samsung tv keeps updating, says it will shut itself off when done and that it will turn itself back on.  It shuts its self off but it never turns itself back on and when I finally turn it on, it goes back into the updating phase again and says the same thing and does the same thing over and over.  I tried unplugging it from the wall, thinking that would reset it but it did no good.  The TV is useless right now as it keeps doing the same thing over and over again.  Any one know how to solve this?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@CJBaker: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please can you confirm the model number of the TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device? In the meantime, please try powering off the TV at the wall and resetting your Wi-Fi router to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Doodle1
Pioneer
Options
go into setting on tv and scroll to general and reset and restart the setup again...
0 Likes
CJBaker
First Poster
Options

It is a series 6700 and unplugging it  as I mentioned did not work.

0 Likes
CJBaker
First Poster
Options

No it did not work and it is constantly downloading every time I turn the tv back on.

0 Likes
CJBaker
First Poster
Options

The tv does the download every time I turn it on, and it goes to that immediately with not way to go somewhere else.

0 Likes
Doodle1
Pioneer
Options
do you have any external hardware like sky or cable box,WiFi connected.disconnect everything.try same as before.. if purchased recently maybe exchange.
0 Likes
CJBaker
First Poster
Options

Andrew, the model number is VN55JU6700G.  I did unplug it and shut the internet down, then plug it in with the internet still off and it went right to wanting to download again.

0 Likes