Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV update issue UE55JS8500

(Topic created on: 30-04-2023 08:05 AM)
Laurent49
First Poster
Options

I got an automatic message on the tv screen (see enclosed picture) that the tv was about to get an automatic update. But this message seemed to be an 'eternal loop'. As mentioned, the tv turned itself off and back on, but then gave the same message, over and over again, without doing the update ! After contacting Samsung we have managed to update to the latest SW version via usb, but still then the 'update' message on the screen reappeared and went in loop again. Same result after resetting the tv. Has anyone experienced something similar and if yes, how did they solve it ? Many thanks in advance

Samsung_Problem description.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Laurent49: While the 'Updating TV software' message is visible on screen, do you still have access to your menus? If so, can you try heading to Settings > Support > Software update > Auto update, and toggle this option off to see if this helps? If not, try unplugging your router to disconnect the TV from the internet. 

If the problem persists, please can you confirm when and where you purchased the TV? 

0 Likes
Laurent49
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, thanks for the tips. I have already tried the 1st one but the problem persists. I will try the 2nd tip tomorrow when I'm back home. Will keep you posted.

0 Likes
Laurent49
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, unfortunately none of your tips solved the issue. I bought the tv in 2015 at Mediamarkt. What can you do based on this info ?

In the meantime Samsung support has told me they can't do anything remotely and the tv should be brought in. But this would cost me over 400€ !?!?

So I'm ready to file a complaint towards Samsung as I don't find it fair that I have to pay them to solve an issue they are responsible for. Samsung tried to push a sw update, it didn't work. Now my tv doesn't work anymore since weeks. I don't have to pay for something Samsung did not succeed in doing.

Does anyone know what the procedure is to file a complaint ? I can't find it from their website strange enough.

regards, Laurent

0 Likes
satyasaxena
First Poster
Options

I am running into same problem.  

0 Likes