Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV UE65MU6272 doesnt connect to internet via cable

(Topic created on: 26-12-2019 05:08 PM)
TMariana
First Poster
Options

To start with, i read similar threads with 30 pages. I'm at the end of my strengsts. My setup:

- router Archer C20 connecting to internet via ppoe, which provides wireless and lan via wall sockets in the house.

The TV is UE65MU6272, 65 inch, 4k, bla bla.

Problem:

- if I connect the TV via utp cable, it does not connect to the internet. It says connected to local network, but not to internet;

- If i connect it to the wireless network of the same router, it works, but speed is too slow to watch something decent, so I need a cable connection.

The wall UTP socket is good, if i connect a laptop via the same cable as the tV, the internet comes right away.

When othe TV is connected to wireless, i checked the IP setup automatically obtained by the TV. That is IP 192.168.0.105, subnet 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway and DNS are both 192.168.0.1.

When switching to cable, it gets nothing automatically. I set the addresses manually as the wireless one (also changed the last IP digit to 150), and what i get is that it connects to the local network, but not to the internet. If i run the hub test it fails at the second item, the dns.

What i did and tried:

- updated firmware from 1270 to 1280 successfully via usb;

- reset hub;

- closed TV for minutes, restarted router several times;

- tried getting the cable in and out of the TV to force router to re-assign IP;

- router has DHCP enabled, connecting a laptop to the same wall socket as the TV using the same cable works, it just gets assigned an ip in the range 192.168.0.100-199.

- gave up automated setup and set IP manually within range with the same Subnet, Gate and DSN as the one listed for when it was connected to wireless;

- i changed dns to either 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1;

- router does not have enabled parental control, access control, ip&mac binding, advanced routingl

I am baffled that setting manually under cable the same settings as listed for wireless does not solve it.

Anybody has ideas?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
CarloL
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes