Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Turns On After Being Turned Off

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 12:46 AM)
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Samsung qe43q60ratxxu

Another thing......why does it sometimes turn back on 10 seconds after I've turned the damn thing off?

Now, after turning the TV off at night I have to wait around for a bit before leaving to make sure it stays off. 🤬
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Tudes24 ,

happy to help with this. There might be a stuck power button on the remote, or the remote's batteries are running low. Would you be able to check this? If this is not the case check if any timers have been set on it or whether an external device connected to it is doing this.

0 Likes
asdfadfadf
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with a QLED TV Q80R (2019) 55''

0 Likes
ajlacombe
First Poster
Options

I have had this issue for quite some time and it drives me nuts. I turn off the TV and sit there with the remote just waiting for it to turn on again.  It is NOT a stuck button or anything else like a timer. It is a setting with the TV or a bug where it turns back on after being turned off. It also turns on and starts showing MTV rather than what it was last showing.  This later issue is a recent thing since it used to start with what it showed last time.

The turning back on is totally unacceptable and would lead me to not buy a Samsung TV in the future. Please fix this - it is so annoying. I am getting ready to install a plug to remove power from the system so it can not do this.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Appreciate that it indeed would be annoying @ajlacombe.

What's the full model code of your TV and the full software version that it's currently on? (Menu / Settings > Support > Contact Samsung / About This TV. If you want to share a screenshot of it, just make sure you blank out the serial number as that's classed as the kind of personal info you don't want to be sharing on public forum.)

And anything else connected to the TV at all? If so, what?

0 Likes
ajlacombe
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the reply

Model Code: QN75Q7DRAFXZA

Software Version: T-MSMAKUC-1406.4,B0970101/070104,BT-S

There is a Samsung sound bar attached and an HD antenna that is turned off.

Thanks again,

Andy

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @ajlacombe! You may have already tried this, and let us know what the result is in any case, but does it still happen if the soundbar and HD antenna are completely disconnected from the TV?

And noticed that's a US model code. Are you based in the US? And have you been in touch with Samsung Support where you are?

0 Likes
Xciter
First Poster
Options

I had this same problem on the new Samsung TV I bought. There is a setting under Settings\General\Network\Expert Settings\Power On with Mobile. 

I first disconnected the network after watching it one night to see if it was a network issue or a bad remote, etc. It doesn’t happen if it’s not connected to the network. I just went looking for anything that revolved around powering on and it hasn’t happened since I turned that setting above off, even with the network connected. It was happening daily but since turning that setting off, it’s been almost 2 weeks without turning itself on.

Hope this helps!

-Jim

0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Hi Jim. I thought you might be on to something here but my TV has for the second time since setting this, turned on a minute or so after I'd turned it off. So annoying.
0 Likes