Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Turns off after 30 seconds; Smarthub fails to start

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 09:29 AM)
Hrdbstd
First Poster
Options

My Samsung 46" LED TV turns off after 30 seconds. I have unplugged all external devices, disabled the eco and timer settings, and turned off Anynet, but the problem persists. I have seen threads relating to problems with TV's turning on and off, but none of them seem to match my problem exactly. My TV never turns itself on, just off after 30 seconds.

The one thing I have noticed, is that Smarthub fails to start. I could understand none of the apps working given the absence of any internet connection, but Smarthub does not launch. In the 30 second window I have before the TV turns off, I click the Smarthub button on my remote, and "starting" is briefly displayed in the top right corner, but then nothing happens. Having tried every other possible solution and checked all other settings, I am taking a wild guess that this has something to do with the problem, but have no idea on where to even start to resolve the issue. 

Having tried every solution on the internet (yes, I even resorted to the stupidity of changing my remote batteries), I could really use some help. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Hrdbstd ,

you have probably tried this but, can you try to reset your Smart Hub by following these steps: Press the Home key on the remote> Settings> Support> Self Diagnosis> Reset Smart Hub.

0 Likes