Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV switching on and off repeatedly

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 09:57 PM)
DenisJoy
First Poster
Options

I have a UE55RU7100KXXU TV which has been working fine until today. When I turned it on this evening, it just kept turning on and off repeatedly every 1-2 seconds. It appears that when a button is pressed on the remote, the TV thinks it is being hit repeatedly. So it appeared to think the power button was being pressed continuously. 

When I quickly pressed the channel up button for example before it switched off, the TV started going up through the channels as if I was hitting the channel up button. It was the same with any other buttons - TV seems to think the last button hit is still being pressed. I have a second Samsung TV and when I used that remote with this TV, it was the same problem, so it is not the remote. 

I haven't seen this problem reported online anywhere. Any ideas on this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try unplugging the TV for at least 10 minutes to allow any residual power to drain out of it. Plug it in again and see if the same thing happens, if it does you may need to factory reset the TV and if that doesn't work you'll need an engineer to take a look at the circuit board for the IR sensor.
0 Likes
DenisJoy
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the response. Can I just check what you mean by factory reset? Is that going into Settings, General, Reset and entering the 0000? It's not actually that easy to do that given the problem the TV has - it's very hard to navigate through to this screen.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yeah but if you cannot do that an engineer is definitely needed should the other suggestions not work. Just in case it's something over HDMI as well disconnect all the HDMI leads attached while it is off and leave them out when you try the remote again for now
0 Likes