Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV sound sporadically cuts out on a Virgin V6 box

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 06:44 PM)
JohnnyCB
First Poster
Options

I have a UE32M5520AKXXU TV in my back room connected to a VirginMedia V6 cable TV box.  I have no external sound system - it is just using the TV speakers.  TV reports that the "Software is up to date".  Once a day (times vary) the sound breaks up for a second or two and then cuts out completely and doesnt return.  If I change source to the TV, the sound is restored immediately, as it is if I switch the V6 box off and on again.  I have changed HDMI cables (using the VM supplied one), used all 3 HDMI input ports on the TV, reset the TV and chopped and changed many audio settings on the TV & V6.  I know it is not a V6 box related problem as I have 3 boxes and I get the exact same issue no matter which one I connect the TV to.  The VM technician who came out to help says that all of the upstream/downstream cable signals are right bang on target.  I should add that this issue has only started on this new Samsung TV I bought it in May - the old Samsung TV it replaced never displayed this problem.

I havent viewed the TV for an extended period on the internal freeview tuner or through another "box" yet to see if the glitch is evident there.

I notice in the US forum there is discussion about changing the "UHD Colour Settings" to sort a similar problem on other models of TV.  However, my TV is quite basic and not UHD - and doesnt have that setting.

So... has anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this annoying little glitch on my TV and how it can be rectified ? I am hoping it is a software/firmware or "setting" issue that can be cured without returning the TV to Samsung for "repair"

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
alicealice1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your speedy reply on the community, I intend to do what you did once i've found my original Samsung log in details

0 Likes