Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Sound but no Picture

(Topic created on: 30-08-2017 04:05 PM)
Maddogcat
First Poster
Options

I have a Ue55hu8500t tv. I was on the xbox and all of a sudden the picture broke up and disappeared. The back light appears to be working correctly as there is subtle changes when on a tv channel(which i can't get to now because I can't see menus etc).

I am suspecting the graphics card/driver.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @Maddogcat,

Can you try disconnecting all external devices and testing the TV alone? When did you buy it? 

0 Likes
Maddogcat
First Poster
Options

Hi KellyM,

Just tried that, and exactly the same. Just seeing the back light.

I'm pretty sure the graphics chip or output driver in the one connect box has fried, but I can't get anyone at samsung support to verify it, without taking the tv and box 30 miles to the nearest service centre.

P/no. Of box is BN94-07687B

Thanks

Maddogcat

0 Likes
BeccaS
Pathfinder
Options

When did you buy your TV @Maddogcat

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
0 Likes
Maddogcat
First Poster
Options
Hi BeccaS,
It's nearly three years old.
0 Likes
BeccaS
Pathfinder
Options

Cheers for the heads up, @Maddogcat.  

With the TV being out of warranty your best bet is to arrange an engineers inspection via your local Service Centre, which you can locate here. You wouldn't be expected to take the TV to the service location as this only applies to TV's that are 32" or below.

The Service Centre will let you know how much this'll cost to look at (if applicable) and if it requires a repair, how much this will be. 

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
0 Likes
rockard46
First Poster
Options
hi,did you get this problem fixed?
0 Likes
Maddogcat
First Poster
Options
Yes thanks. Turned out to be the screen. Fortunately still under currys warranty.
0 Likes
rockard46
First Poster
Options
Thanks for reply,I had a feeling it was the screen hence why samsung can't solve the issue because they know full well what the problem is and it is 1 that can't be fixed,3years out of warranty and an expensive tv bricked,thanks samsung never again. Did you say your tv was also past 3year warranty mark? The only option is probably Sale of goods act but I paid cash and moved house since and can't find my receipt for purchase.
0 Likes
Faceloow
First Poster
Options

I have same problem. My TV has a sound but no picture. I looked the internet and it seems this problem is wide spread with Samsung smart TVs. my Tv is 2 years in November just passed. Can some one let me know what I can do? Many thanks.

0 Likes