Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Smoking and burning UE55KU6400U

(Topic created on: 23-09-2021 05:17 PM)
Gemadams
Student
Options

Our television screen was flashing black and white. We put the TV on and the unit started billowing smoke. We quickly unplugged the unit from the mains. This appears to be a common problem and is a serious fire risk. 

Model no: UE55KU6400U

PXL_20210909_183813448.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Gemadams: I'm very sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Please can you send a Private Message to Sam_UK with your details, as I would like to get this escalated for you? 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
lucimsv
First Poster
Options

I was wondering if this has moved on at all....

I had the same  issue - 4 year old TV, started smoking and burning smell. Samsung took it away and now want to charge me for repairing it, even though it could have burned down my house! I've asked them to return it unrepaired and I am going to do my best to make their horrendous lack of customer service go viral. They wouldn't answer my question about how long they expected one of their TV's to last, just kept repeating that it was out of warranty and apparently there is no escalation process if we are unhappy with the offered solution??

0 Likes
Gemadams
Student
Options

We have been told an engineer will be round to check it.... Nothing more from that!

0 Likes
Steve oshry
First Poster
Options

I have a 15 month old Samsung 75" 8000 unit. Same issue smoke from the bottom left, very hot and TV went black. Turn off straight away and logged a service call. Seems to be a known issue. I have logged a call with customer service will wait to see where this goes from here.  Would not expect this from a new TV and from Samsung, extremely disappointed.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Steve oshry I am sorry to hear about your TV! Our colleagues will get this resolved very quickly as we take these matters very seriously! If you need assistance here, drop us a message via @Sam_UK and we'll be happy to help on there.

0 Likes
Benny21
First Poster
Options

I have just had this same issue.

tv went bright white flash from edges to the middle and all of a sudden smoke started billowing from the rear of the tv with a burning electrical smell… we ran to the circuit board to cut the breaker incase we got a shock.

im considering myself lucky we were in the room when this happened as I dread to think what would have happened.

Im extremely concerned about this, if this has happened so many times it should have been recalled 

UE49KU6400U

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

I'm sorry to hear about this incident with your TV, @Benny21. Please send a DM over to @Sam_UK with further information, and one of our moderators will be on hand to help. If you're unsure how to send a DM on Community, please check out the following link: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes