Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV shadow on screen

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 09:29 AM)
gary79
First Poster
Options

My UE49NU7100KXXU has recently started to become dark in the bottom left corner. It has grown in recent works. It is not used excessively . I tried using the online chat but that came up empty. TV was bought in November 2018 so should be still within warranty. 

Has anybody experienced similar? What is my next step? Will Samsung repair  this? samsung .jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @gary79 

Could you try running a Picture Test on your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test. Can you still see the shadow on the brightly coloured beach scene ?

0 Likes
gary79
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris, 

I've run the test and it's still an issue. See new pics

IMG_20201201_184319.jpg

IMG_20201201_184254.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@gary79: If the TV has failed the picture tests then this suggests a hardware issue, therefore I recommend reaching out to one of our Service Centres to arrange for an engineer to inspect the device. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Please be aware that the standard warranty for our TV's runs for 12 months from the purchase date, therefore as your device was purchased in November 2018, it is now outside the warranty period, and any related repairs will be chargeable. 

0 Likes
stutickle82
First Poster
Options

Hi Gary,

I recently had a similar issue, shadow issue on the screen, within 2 days the TV was no longer working, I couldn't even switch the device on. I plugged in another device from the socket to confirm there wasn't a power issue and it was working without issue.

Followed all the troubleshooting steps listed on the support boards, was not able to resolve issue. The Samsung device is UE49NU7100K. Similarly to yourself, the TV was only bought two years ago and is now completely unworkable and outside the terms of its warranty. The device was not used excessively and reading about average lifespans of these devices should be good for at least 5-7 years. 

I find it a bit of shambles from a Samsung perspective that this should be happening to such a 'reputable' well known brand. I don't see the point in shelling out money for a hardware replacement which would probably be similar in price to buying a new device so have decided to buy a new TV replacement. It won't be Samsung :smiling-face:

Merry Christmas,

0 Likes