Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Screen has darkened from right side to half

(Topic created on: 13-02-2018 07:43 PM)
asapci
First Poster
Options

My only 2,5 years of TV darkened from right side, it is out of warranty. By official samsung service, i have been asked to replace the screen 633 € !!!! It is nonsense a TV is broken only in 2,5 years and repair price almost same as new TV. I have my mobile, my tablet, my home appliances all samsung. Never ever again buy samsung..

3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@asapciwrote:

My only 2,5 years of TV darkened from right side, it is out of warranty. By official samsung service, i have been asked to replace the screen 633 € !!!! It is nonsense a TV is broken only in 2,5 years and repair price almost same as new TV. I have my mobile, my tablet, my home appliances all samsung. Never ever again buy samsung..

HI @asapci,  it would help if you named the model just to check if there are known issues.  I agree that the costs seems excessive, personally I got a 5 year guarantee with my set.   However you do have consumer rights with the retailer and even though TV is out of warranty may have a case if fault at time of purchase  can be proven.   I'm including information from the Which guide.  https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Manish14
First Poster
Options

I have had my TV (UE49NU7100KXXU) for 18months and exactly the same issue! - I can t even get through to customer services in the UK - very dissapointed - certainly wont be paying for any repairs and may well revert back to LG.IMG_1593.jpg

OgnyanDachev
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue as . Has anybody got to the bottom of what causes it?136142911_743374209622346_6440649166368227266_n.jpg

0 Likes