Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at top of screen

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 07:38 AM)
Aristotle
Apprentice
Options

I solved the issue and this is how. 

After lot of research and dozens of suggestions I decided to try something simple first. 

My Samsung UE39F5500 was connected directly to the Internet, no cables apart from the power.

I opened the back of the TV and made sure everything was properly connected especially the highlighted part on the image. (shows how technical I am). 

Problem solved. 20180826_123745.jpg

20180827_194402.jpg

Tv7.jpg

103 REPLIES 103
Floki1
Apprentice
Options

good for you glad your happy with your new tv just stay away from the garbage samsung tvs spread the word far and wide to everyone that you know not to buy this samsung garbage and it shows just how much crappy samsung members care about their customers that they still didnt solve this this is related to the software and nothing more it wouldent supprise me that they push the update to break people tvs after their warranty expires so that they would need to buy new tvs samsung is shady afk stay away from samsung products people especialy their tvs.

NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options
The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if my LG TV broke at some point or even tomorrow. The main problem with Samsung is, as you mentioned, it's a software issue and they don't even bother to update it. The TV is around 5-6 years old but Samsung will abandon all support for it, same with their phones and tablets.

I'm not an Apple fan at all but do own two iPads, one of which is a 3rd generation tablet and up until recently (and maybe even now) , even that was receiving firmware updates. Samsung are relying a lot on their reputation, but as people move away from caring about brand identity, Samsung will suffer unless they improve their products significantly.
0 Likes
vcx10
Explorer
Options
Mine still has the dark band after numerous unplugging when I think about it I hadn't had a software update for ages and a couple of weeks ago if I remember correctly it updated it's software then this happens just a coincidence I guess?
0 Likes
R1Law
Explorer
Options

I've run through several bouts of the menu gradient appearing and disappearing. I can go a week with everything is ok, then it's back; I run through the power off solution and it's good again. Samsung can and should fix this problem - just disable the ***** menu gradient competley - tell me it's not software/firmware, I dare you. Please fix it.

If there's a lawyer in the thread, I think you have the beginnings of a class action lawsuit. I'd sign up. This would net individual plaintiffs very little money, but it could force Samsung to at least admit/take action to correct.

Anyone? 

Dom24
Journeyman
Options

To recap, Samsung would not help with my QE75Q9FNATXXU 75" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV that was 2 months over the standard 12 month warranty. I had brought it from Comet PC World and had 5 year warranty with them but they asked I go to Samsung first. So CPW ended up handling it. Took the TV and would not take the box despite me telling them they should, then 1 week later said they needed it, collected it and few days later returned the TV and on the report it said they had replaced the screen. Shadow on top part of screen gone. All the evidence pointed at software issue based on what everyone else has been experiencing but appears replacing the whole screen fixed it. Nothing else to add but good luck to everyone else suffering this issue.

0 Likes
Aldine1989
First Poster
Options
hi i got a curve tv n idk why is it darker from the top but the bottom park shows perfect
0 Likes
Jadefear92
First Poster
Options

Hi my tv is completely broke my autistic nephew smashed it and pushed it over 

0 Likes
Jadefear92
First Poster
Options
My tv is broken I need it fixed or a new one what I paying ensurance for ?!!!!!
0 Likes
NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options

Now my Samsung fridge has broken. 3 phones, a tablet, TV and fridge. Never buying Samsung again.

0 Likes
Nimrod01
Explorer
Options

Response to Oggy - I went through all of that process before finally realising the screen’s actually defective. The varying nature of the problem makes you think it’s possibly a glitch and not necessarily a fault and think perhaps your seeing things. The reality is that it is an ‘intermittent’ and recurring fault that it is progressive and not going to fix itself, its clearly a hardware issue and it took me months to finally realise it needed addressing.  After two replaced ‘back light’ screens already the third screen repair is w nshowing similar early signs of failing yet again.  I’m just waiting for it to fail more consistently before again reporting the problem and sending it back, but very mindful of guarantee expiry date.

0 Likes