Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at top of screen

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 09:46 AM)
Aristotle
Apprentice
Options

I solved the issue and this is how. 

After lot of research and dozens of suggestions I decided to try something simple first. 

My Samsung UE39F5500 was connected directly to the Internet, no cables apart from the power.

I opened the back of the TV and made sure everything was properly connected especially the highlighted part on the image. (shows how technical I am). 

Problem solved. 20180826_123745.jpg

20180827_194402.jpg

Tv7.jpg

103 REPLIES 103
vcx10
Explorer
Options

My samsung tv is the same it has a shaded area right across the top of the screen unfortunatly it is out of warrenty so i guess thats it for my tv too.

NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options
Where did you buy it from? Maybe you still have a retailers warranty if it's within 5 years of purchase.
0 Likes
vcx10
Explorer
Options

no i have had it about 7 years so i guess it has done well compared to some peoples.

The dark band only appeared yesterday and came across this forum.

0 Likes
NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options
Apparently it's a software issue (I had my entire panel replaced and then still developed a fault) so if it's an easy thing for you to do, remove the all the HDMI cables and plug socket, wait 15 minutes or so and try again.
Dom24
Journeyman
Options

Expecting mine back this week so I will do my best to find out and share how it was repaired...assuming it comes back fixed

vcx10
Explorer
Options

I unplugged it last night but forgot to remove the cables and i know what you mean about a software issue as it looks like the top part were the drop down menu pops up.

0 Likes
Dom24
Journeyman
Options

I did that three times and didn't work for me.

0 Likes
vcx10
Explorer
Options

I will try a few more times nothing to lose by trying and hopefully i might get lucky

0 Likes
Floki1
Apprentice
Options

this is Pure garbage my tv is doing exacly the same thing the dark shadow appears on top of the screen it sometimes moves to the botom of the screen sometimes it fixes itself and everthing works fine for a 2 days than comes back again no one in their right mind should purchase samsung garbage tv.

NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options
Got my LG OLED and everything about it is just better. Never buying another Samsung product again.
0 Likes