Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 13-03-2017 03:38 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

Go to solution
207 REPLIES 207
Westylondon
Student
Options

Same issue, TV is a little over two years old and out of warranty, Samsung customer service will only take any positive action when they see another opportunity to extort money from the consumer. This is the first Samsung TV I've owned which was based on a recommendation (we are no longer friends). My advice is to treat this as a hard lesson and buy a Panasonic on move on, personally you couldn't give away another Samsung product to me. Pound shop quality at best and that's being kind!

rodderz
First Poster
Options
I have to agree. Support couldn't care less. about their ***** products. They're no doubt used to all the ***** they get, about the ***** quality they sell. I would never buy another Samsung product. Ever! Absolute rubbish masquerading wonderfully designed technology. It's just a marketing exercise.
0 Likes
LAries
First Poster
Options

Besides the dark patches on the right side of my Samsung 2015 48" Smart TV, they stopped updating apps more than a year ago, no new apps (new services are available which work on my 32" Hisense) and there was no update for the TV since 2017.  So I assume that, as with their phones, the only support their products for 2 years.  Add to this that their products are more expensive and their warrantee is shorter that most other products.  I have learned from experience to stop using their phones, and will now apply that to all their products!

0 Likes
Johnnyread
Journeyman
Options
Mines just developed a similar fault in that the bottom half of the screen sometimes goes dark, the TV is out of warranty and my 2 lg TVs that preceded this TV are still going strong....3 guesses on what TV I'll buy next time
0 Likes
Sclatworthy
First Poster
Options

I also have dark patches on my ks7500 led screen but mine are little patches on the bottom middle of the screen then on the right side there is a black patch going all the way up on the screen I have got a 10 year screen burn warranty on this TV it's less than 3 years old hopefully Samsung will repair it or get it replaced for me this is the second TV that I've had screen problems with the other TV was less than a year old which eventually the replaced it with the one that I have now so I'm going to contact Samsung tomorrow and see what they say about it because I'm fed up that their TV screens only last a few years 

0 Likes
Johnnyread
Journeyman
Options
I hope you have better luck than me then as I was told that mines out of warranty so any repairs were down to me. I told them I'd throw the TV in the skip and go back to LG! I expect more than 3 years for a TV
0 Likes
Jw33
Journeyman
Options

I've just got my tv back from warranty repair, I believe it's now on it's 4th or 5th screen/backlight. I'm so glad it had a 5 year warranty I've certainly had my monies worth from it. Unfortunately that expires next year and the screen will be due to fail around October 2020. When it does I'm going to take the tv to the farm, place it in a field and shoot it at close range with a shotgun! After that I'll persistently run it over with some heavy machinery until its unrecognisable. I'm genuinely looking forward to ending my relationship with Samsung it's going to be glorious. Thinking LG next...

Apadams
Explorer
Options

An update on whats happening with myself as ive mentioned im on my fifth screen. I had them in 1 year while under warranty, each one had same issue with dark marks starting at the bottom, now my warranty has run out and obviously the problem came back, why wouldnt it all samsung screens have an issue. Every screen i had broke. But now my warranty run out they want me to pay why would the sixth screen be any better. I dont know how they get away with this. Ive had emails about court orders in america for certain screens mines one of them but uk doesnt do a thing, not that i can find. Ill never buy samsung again and ive spread the message hopefully more will find out before its to late. But if stores and youtubers and other sellers keep promoting samsung people will still buy and think Samsung are good. Why hasnt more been done. They cover it up well. I looked around before buying and only found good reviews. Samsung are doing a good job in promotion.

Jengar
Apprentice
Options

JW3  - 

@Jw33 wrote:

I've just got my tv back from warranty repair, I believe it's now on it's 4th or 5th screen/backlight. I'm so glad it had a 5 year warranty I've certainly had my monies worth from it. Unfortunately that expires next year and the screen will be due to fail around October 2020. When it does I'm going to take the tv to the farm, place it in a field and shoot it at close range with a shotgun! After that I'll persistently run it over with some heavy machinery until its unrecognisable. I'm genuinely looking forward to ending my relationship with Samsung it's going to be glorious. Thinking LG next...

Brilliant solution!! I so understand your frustration. When I first posted about ours I had no idea what a can of worms I was opening. I cannot believe Samsung appear to have done nothing about this problem when so many people have reported the same fault on this, their own Community Support website. They are losing customers. as we shall never buy another Samsung TV, and I expect neither will any others who've had this recurring problem.

0 Likes
anjoze
Apprentice
Options

Please post it on Youtube.

I can't do it because I dont have a shotgun 😞

0 Likes