Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 10:55 AM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
Gman802
Student
Options

Like so many others on here and on other community forums in the EU and US, I've also ended up with a darlk vertical line down my TV that has gradually gotten worse over the past two weeks.

I purchased a UE49NU7100 model in Sept 2018, so 8 months out of warranty. Given this is clearly a major manufacturing issue impacting so many poeple I refuse to pay for callouts or repairs.

I'm now speaking to a researcher from Watchdog (BBC) as a quick glance online confirms that this is a major issue affecting many people - I'm hoping they contact other impacted purchasers to build a case.  As it happens, on the same week, a £2,500 Smart Fridge that I'd brought from Samsung also broke. The combination of both of these failures will mean I'll probably never purchase Samsung again and I'll be sure to let others know not to buy this brand also.

Capturetv.JPG

rane58
Apprentice
Options

Like my TV.... 😞

0 Likes
Bubblehead1981
Journeyman
Options
If they want to speak to others i am free to talk
sam_sung_truth
First Poster
Options
We have three Samsung TV s. The first purchased many years ago when LED first arrived has been fantastic. Excellent quality picture. However the second one we bought a little over 18 months ago has developed a column of dark shadow on the screen. I am now thinking Samsung have dropped the ball on quality. Very disappointing. I will try to get a remedy from Samsung so I can tell my 5 million Quora readers my great experience. We will see how this works out.
Twilson84
Apprentice
Options

Have you made a complaint?

0 Likes
Mark Quartley
Apprentice
Options

I complained to Samsung and they told me I am the only person ever to have this issue , so I have now got rid of all my Samsung products and replaced with Sony , never buying Samsung again - absolutely Shocking service and ***** product 

Twilson84
Apprentice
Options

I’ve raised a complaint through responder, I’m not holding my breath, but I don’t think they can continue to deny that it’s a known issue 

Nimrod01
Explorer
Options

Having had the same issue occur twice and had the LED back screen replaced under Warranty via Curry’s 5 yrs extended warranty, the problem has has only intermittently occurred and sorted itself out. But we’ve noticed the TV does not always respond to remote commands as it should. We’re well out of extended warranty so simply waiting for it to expire completely. Needless to say we won’t be buying Samsung again, they’ve never acknowledged they have a problem throughout the whole period of several years. 

0 Likes
Jiffyg
First Poster
Options

Hi, same with my Samsung, seems they have an enduring quality failure and can’t make a decent tv to las more than a couple of years! Had a Panasonic before this lasted over 8 years and now still working in a bedroom. First and last Samsung tv I will buy. Did you get yours fixed? Thanks, Geoff

0 Likes
Nimrod01
Explorer
Options

Yes, it was repaired for the second time under 5 warranty extended. The first occasion the back light was replaced, the second time the repairers were less forthcoming, but it’s still working with occasional blips. It’s now out of warranty, so it’s just a question of time, although I have say, in my view the picture is actually better than my entry level OLED LG bought recently which rather surprised me.

0 Likes