Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 06:47 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
AaronJosh
Student
Options

My ks7000 is 3years old and last week a vertical black shadow appears on the screen because it's still watchable we continued to use it. Then suddenly dead no standby light. This morning I received the power board and replace it it's work again but the vertical shadow remains. Hope will last longer than before it takes the only week since the appearance of vertical shadow and dead.

0 Likes
Ericaangela
Apprentice
Options

I have the UE55 KS7000 bought in England May 2017 and now it has a screen defect February 2021.  NEVER BUYING SAMSUNG AGAIN! 

C578B471-AE26-4DBF-AC96-13873A79DAB3.jpeg

tony65554
First Poster
Options

This problem has  just happend to my tv too what steps can I do to resolve the issue?

0 Likes
Bubblehead1981
Journeyman
Options
How old is the TV? If less than 18months comllain to Samsung. I did and as it was 6 months past the warranty they still fixed it . I sent the head of Samsung uk an email and got a response to repair straight away . I beleive the know this is a common issue but won't admit it
Mark Quartley
Apprentice
Options

Get a new TV and not a Samsung 

Mark Quartley
Apprentice
Options

You can’t resolve it the tv is w**k 

I binned mine and got a Sony 

never buy a Samsung TV

Lee lee
Apprentice
Options

20210522_160535.jpg

 my television was delivered today and after 2 hours this has happened! 

Johnnyread
Journeyman
Options

Return it and buy an lg, my Samsung one ended up in the tip and the annoying thing is I've always had LG TVs but thought I'd give Samsung a go and in 2 years I ended up with a very expensive paper weight

AaronJosh
Student
Options

Refund and buy a sony tv.

0 Likes
Eddie17
First Poster
Options
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid Samsung Product our TV has dark shadows after 2 years after spending a lot of money. Plus our mobile phone screen failed to work after a short time. Reading these posts it is clear they have a design faults, reliability issues, like do many I am not wasting my money on any Samsung product ever again, poor product not as good as useless in my opinion.
0 Likes