Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 25-01-2021 07:57 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
ericparlin
First Poster
Options

have the exact issue in the exact same place on my 55” curved TV. 

0 Likes
Iqbalm
First Poster
Options

This has happened to me twice in the same model range. It must be a known defect. 

faybrf
First Poster
Options

I've now got this issue with the Samsung UE55NU7100, which is now just under 2.5 years old and cost £648.

Weirdly, the location of the shadow moved without us doing anything from centre-right to the right-hand edge of the screen.

Predictably, Samsung won't do anything about it as it's outside of their warranty. Amusingly, they offered us 15% off our next TV purchase on their website. Funnily enough, I won't be doing that.

We bought it from John Lewis, where a five-year guarantee is standard, so they will either repair or replace it. I know that £648 isn't the premium end of the TV spectrum, but I'd still expect something that works for a few years, and it amazes me when companies produce goods that they must know are faulty, yet continue to sell them anyhow.

SamsungFault02.jpgSamsungFault01.jpg

Bubblehead1981
Journeyman
Options
This seems to be a common fault with this TV. its something to do with the motherboard in the TV. I wrote to Samsung ceo explaining this and with all the info from this forum and samsung fixed it free of charge It was 18 months old .
Andypandyman
Apprentice
Options

Mine is still holding up, luckily I cannot really see the dark mark unless the screen is on a solid block colour, which obviously is not very often even when used with my PC.

This sort of tech only seem to have a operating/shelf life of around 4 years now. I am pretty sure it is designed around the assumption you will be buying a new TV after that number of years anyway as the tech moves on so fast.

Gabrielll
Apprentice
Options

9E772AA1-D261-4909-88E0-07A8B6FFD627.jpeg

 Hi!

One more unsatisfied or unhappy customer from Finland here.

UE49KU6675 curved tv. Not even 4y and yet  shadows on one side of the screen. Does replacing led trips solve the problem? What should I do? Thank you in advance!

Realshawnrush
First Poster
Options

I got mine from the manufacturer as a replacement tv it's only 2 years old and I have had this problem for like 6 months

0 Likes
Mark Quartley
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue, I rang Samsung and they said it’s never happened before and is not covered by warranty , after reading through this I am 100% binning the piece of ***** and buying a Panasonic or Sony 

shame as my last 3 tv have been Samsung

NEVER AGAIN ABSOLUTILY DISGUSTING SERVICE AND ***** PRODUCT 

They have lost a long term customer , absolutele trash  

Gabrielll
Apprentice
Options

I know right? Its not like loosing one customer. Im the one in our family who ”knows” about electronics and suggesting what to buy for like 4 households. Its gonna be Sony after this. 

Jemz27
First Poster
Options
  • Thought I would add similar issue I’ve had with 2 year old Samsung model UE49NU7100.  Called Samsung Support who would only give me phone number for repair services.  So disappointed that an expensive TV wouldn’t last more than 2 years, but it does seem suspicious that this fault is appearing in so many cases similar to mine, with 18-24 months a common age for issue to appear.  There is clearly a fault lying with Samsung product but unfortunately for the consumers, this is a perfect money making racket they have going on.  Like most people on here, I will be advising against buying Samsung at every opportunity I get.  Clearly Samsung are continuing to sell sub standard products knowing there is this fault and perhaps should be investigated, possibly by Trading Standards? 

image.jpg