Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 06:07 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
Pinkal
First Poster
Options

I have dark black at bottom in LEXUS 55F6400

0 Likes
ajwynne
Student
Options
I have had this issue with a dark band at the top and the bottom of the screen intermittently for over a year. Yesterday the screen stayed black with sound ok for over an hour. I then decided to borrow my sons 10 year old Samsung LCD tv, so un plugged my tv and stored it in the spare room and contacted Samsung support via messenger. Got back to me today asking for pics of the issue and Lo! it was working. anyhow long story short, if you have this issue just unplug from the power and leave for a few minutes the plug back in and it should be okay.
Wellsy
Journeyman
Options

Oh mate - you've just solved the hundreds of issues that people have had!!!

you should be employed by Samsung to save them millions as you clearly have all the answers - what a genius!!!

if only we had all tried this we would have saved thousands and Samsung millions.

OggyAv8er
Student
Options

Finally got round to sorting mine, quite by accident whilst looking for a new TV! The guy in Dixon's mentioned mine was still under warranty 😳 strange as I never buy extended warranties, so I tried the Dixon's helpline which resulted in 3 hours of repetitive waiting and getting fobbed off  and passed to and from Dixon's and Team Knowhow, before I finally found a person who sorted out a repair collection. Exactly a week later and a serviceable TV, courtesy of Team Knowhow!

So a mixed experience but happy for the next 12 months and fingers crossed I'm in a position to buy a bigger TV if it pops then! 🤣

0 Likes
Andypandyman
Apprentice
Options

Apparently he is the new top senior engineer there. 

0 Likes
Wellsy
Journeyman
Options
What a *****ing melt!
I had to respond... turn it off and on as if I didn’t try that!!!
I left mine a full 12 hours - it was a piece of total wank
0 Likes
Wellsy
Journeyman
Options

Sadly it will! There is a reason curved tv's are not sold anymore it's a shame they don't acknowledge this!! I wasted £1k on a product not fit for purpose 😡

0 Likes
ajwynne
Student
Options
had this issue for quite a while now. now screen goes black, unplugging does help BUT......it needs to be off for a few hours and then It may or may not be ok. usually ok but sometimes not. have been asked to call the samsung repair guys but as it's out of warranty i assume I would have to pay. well as I haven't really been impressed with the Samsung crystal display of this model since not long after I purchased it in 2015, I have purchased a nanocell LG to arrive next week. anyone want to buy a 50ju6800 spares or repair? lol
0 Likes
JohnLUK
First Poster
Options

Well my 55JU6800 was repaired two years a go , but it has happened again.  Im a Samsung user for my Phones, TV, 4k Bluray etc. But im not happy the faulty component was repleced with another of the same to fail AGAIN. Tech chat is no good, anybody got a phone number to call, other than the remote helpdesk, who takes your email address only, please. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Mjam
First Poster
Options
I have a UE49MU6670 and the screen has been replaced twice due to the shadowing that apoears. I'm now waiting on Samsung calling me back as its happened a 3rd time, I think its time for Samsung to consider replacing the entire TV for a new model.
0 Likes