Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 01:57 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
Misterapple
Student
Options

Currently i'm in the same water as you guys. Guess what, out of warranty. No technical documentation whatsoever. 

Johnnyread
Journeyman
Options

Mine was like that, the backlights completely died now so no picture at all 😟 I was able to fix it though by buying an lg tv 

Misterapple
Student
Options
I have to wait for another year to buy a new TV so basically suck it is the only option for me. 🙂
Johnnyread
Journeyman
Options

I will never buy a Samsung product again.....mine was a matter of months out of warranty and they were no help at all 🤬 I've always had lg TV's and never had a problem and this was my first and last Samsung. I even pointed out this forum to them but they didn't seem to care......I expect a 1k TV set to last longer than 3yrs

OggyAv8er
Student
Options

Mines gone as well, 3 year old TV, very frustrating.

I've had a few dark patches on the top of the screen, now its total on the base of the screen.

I bought this as a replacement for my previous Samsung, on which I had to replace capacitors on the power board due to the incorrect ones being fitted by samsung. Googling at the time showed a deliberate design obsolesensce according to US law suits. Ironically that TV is still working fine!

Dark screen on the baseDark screen on the baseLower screen very dark, maybe the TV has corona virus!Lower screen very dark, maybe the TV has corona virus!

curtis2007
Journeyman
Options

Best thing to do is sack Samsung Tvs, I have switched to LG never had any problems like I have with Samsung

Johnnyread
Journeyman
Options

If it's out of warranty it might be cheaper/better to bin it and get a new one, mine was doing that and Samsung told me I'd need a new panel 😬 it gave up the ghost eventually and I've now gone back to lg

Jw33
Journeyman
Options

I'm on my 5th screen, luckily tv came with 5 year warranty. Trust me it'll do it again in about a years time. Take the hit, bin it and buy a different brand. It'll be cheaper in the long run by far. 

Apadams
Explorer
Options

Kelly do you work for samsung what do you think about the samsung screen problem do you think they should be selling these faulty screens that they know about and do you think they should recall the tv's and give refunds.

0 Likes