Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 17-11-2019 07:07 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
curtis2007
Journeyman
Options

thats after 16 month people want to be grateful who got 3 year.. £600 for somethnig to last that length of time, never again with samsung.. expensive name poor quality.thats after 16 month people want to be grateful who got 3 year.. £600 for somethnig to last that length of time, never again with samsung.. expensive name poor quality.IMG_20191109_162740.jpg

0 Likes
Jorg56
Journeyman
Options
If I had more than one year warranty for what is clearly a factory return and any knowledgeable person would tell you the same. This is a very large problem that if Samsung cared at all about its customers they would just do a recall fix and keep all these people happy. I don't think any company can afford to lose good customers regardless of their size. Look at Sear's and many other large companies across the globe and see where they are today. Samsung, Please do the correct thing and fix the screen problem and save some very good customers for your future. I hope this makes the President of Samsung or maybe the Vice President's take a long look at this mishandled Problem. Most people feel the way I do and if you don't care any more than this why should I buy any Samsung product in the future and I would also make sure I inform all of my family and friends and tell them to stay away from this Samsung name brand for any product that they make due to the way they fail to stand behind their product.
curtis2007
Journeyman
Options

Was told exactly the same trash from the customer helpline it was the cable box. I unplugged all connections turned off the TV and reset.. Guess what? You got it, it was still there. I have spoke to an approved engineer who assures me it's not the HDMI and what's connected to it, it's my first Samsung TV I thought I'd go for a bit of quality and it will ge my last. 

0 Likes
Wellsy
Journeyman
Options

@evangelion806 wrote:

So here’s my. 75” curved with all the bells and whistles. Is this just a piece of garbage now? March 2017 manufacturing date? Is this still under warranty? Need fixed ASAP! 

E8E6DAF5-0959-4DC9-9932-3F83EEBDE6CA.jpeg

071D0527-D7CD-4D1F-9947-76D62DBAE9A8.jpeg

Disgraceful!!

ive had some great LG tv's - two of which are still working, but this superceded them both and now I have this black line - same as yours. 2.5 years old!!!! Absolute rubbish I will never buy Samsung ever again

0 Likes
curtis2007
Journeyman
Options

I've noticed almost every if not every screen has the black shadow in pretty much the same spot, now that in my eyes is a fault in these screens, absolute trash company. 

0 Likes
Johnnyread
Journeyman
Options

All we can do is keep sharing this thread on social media and hope that it gains more publicity

0 Likes
sean18
Student
Options

My tv a UE55MU6400 got it in December 2017 it was a great tv but I have the dark bands now is there anything Samsung doing about the problem

Sean 

0 Likes
curtis2007
Journeyman
Options
Nothing! I contacted the customer care and was taken through the test screen and said if it's not showing up there then it's something that's attached via HDMI.. Ie, sky/virgin box causing it. I contacted a Samsung approved engineer who said a sky/virgin box causing the problem is utter rubbish, I was asked to take it to the engineer while they do a report on the problem and Samsung may come to some sort of agreement with them paying for the part and myself pay for the labour not even worth the chew as the engineer isn't exactly round the corner. Made a stance by not entertaining Samsung again and ordered a new LG TV.
sean18
Student
Options

That's what I thought don't think I will get a Samsung again I was looking at LG just now great minds 

Sean 

Wellsy
Journeyman
Options

I would!!! My 55" 3D in my man-pad is still like new and a great tv.  I bought the 65" Samsung as much to have it in my room.   My new 65" LG is great and gone back to flat screen as it seems most manufacturers have, bar Samsung.  So they continue to sell failing technology - appalling, but then, they don't care as they sell more tv's than anyone.   Hopefully posts like ours may make them take notice and some responsibility!!