Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 12-05-2019 10:59 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
SeanR
First Poster
Options

Who has a 2015 UE40JU6000, with a similar dark patch upper middle of the screen, and speaks french?

moi.

0 Likes
Jaynie35uk
First Poster
Options

So it didn't need a new screen, like some have said?

0 Likes
jcburke7
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem, but unfortunately when I called Samsung support they told me my TV only had a one year warranty and I had it for over a year and a half. I'm really ticked off about that. They want me to pay for repairing a piece of junk TV. Why would I want to pay to fix a substandard TV? Now I know why Samsung's reliability is rated poorly.

Samsung TV 4K LED HDR

Bought in 2017 at Costco (California, US)

Manufactured April 2017

MODEL # UN55MU800DF XZA

0 Likes
Stuboy
First Poster
Options

I am getting a vertical dark band on my Samsung UE55KU6470 out of warranty bought 2 years ago seen other posts on what to look for took the back off no obvious loose connections etc. Now the weird thing is if I press lightly on edging at the bottom of the TV the band dissappears something must be loose? Temporary fix put 2 strips of electrical tape around bottom of case to apply pressure band gone! any tips on what it could be? Doesnt sound like a new screen or led strips?

0 Likes
RCMLB
First Poster
Options

I just had this happen to my KS8000 60 inch I bought two years ago.  Started maybe a month ago.  Called customer support and they confirmed it was a problem with the TV and it needed to be repaired.  They said it was out of warranty though so I would have to pay for the repairs.  I complained about this and they at least offered to cover the parts.  But I still have to pay a few hundred dollars for labor.  

I guess it is better than nothing, but it still really cheeses me off.  I paid almost $2K for this TV and the dang thing doesn't even last two years?  Seems like a common problem with this TV.  I've had a lot of Samsung products over the years, but never again.  If they won't stand behind their higher end products like this then I am done with them.

Beekay
First Poster
Options
I bought my 55KU7000 in South Africa end 2016 and moved to New Zealand shortly after. I have same black smudges on my TV for a long time now. What is my course of action?
0 Likes
Stuboy
First Poster
Options

20190527_120438.jpg

Update: temporary fixed dark vertical band with a clamp lol! Something is loose will have a good look when I get time.  Out of warranty not getting fobbed off with a new screen! Never buying Samsung again!!!

0 Likes
Tushar_2121
First Poster
Options

Yes

0 Likes
anjoze
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I've the same problem, vertical dark zone.

I've tried the clamp suggestion withou success.

Me and my cat open it to try to fix it.

It has a very strong stickers on top corners. I had to cut it with a knife (red circles).

IMG_20190606_190738.jpg

As you can see on foto above, the top cable is not well inserted.

I've remove the cable and insert it again

IMG_20190606_191222.jpg

Then the image was like this:

IMG_20190606_191925.jpg

I've unpluged all cables, clean it with DW40 and plug it again

Then it was like in the begining 😞 with the vertical dark section.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hi guys. If you're having issues with your picture similar to those experienced by @anjoze then I recommend contacting an authorised Support Centre to arrange an inspection. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

While I appreciate that it can be tempting to resolve the issue yourself, please be aware that unauthorised repair attempts can affect your warranty, therefore I would advise against it where possible.