Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV screen goes black

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 11:56 PM)
Smc14
First Poster
Options

I have a 55 inch curved TV from 2015. The TV goes black every 5 minutes but I still have sound. If I turn the TV off then back on again it's fine for about five minutes then black again.

Tried pretty much everything on the menu button, also discontinued my Xbox. Pulled the plug for 30 minutes but this doesn't work either.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Samsung TV has no picture or a black screen

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/
0 Likes
Smc14
First Poster
Options

Cheers. I have tried this page but no luck with it. At the moment nothing connected to the TV.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Is the TV mounted on a wall plate or adjustable mount ?
0 Likes
Smc14
First Poster
Options

No neither. Just free standing on a TV cabinet.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you tried connecting to the Internet with ethernet cable and opening YouTube on your app screen ? And make sure that every single cable is disconnected from the TV sockets apart from the power and ethernet ones.
0 Likes
Smc14
First Poster
Options

Nothing connected to the TV just the areial and power lead, did have an Xbox connected but took that off. The internet is on WiFi at the moment, but all seems well with that part of the TV. I'm a bit puzzled, nothing seems to be working.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Ok, unplug the aerial cable. Unplug the TV from the wall for 2 minutes. Plug the TV back in and turn it on. Then press the source button and change it to a different hdmi port
0 Likes
Jp46
Pioneer
Options
Looks like a transistor or something supplying the picture in the motherboard is on its way out
0 Likes