Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen Compatibility?

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 05:45 PM)
Kypreos
Student
Options

Hi all, I am new to this forum but I am looking forward to exploring it fully!

I have two Samsung TV's: UE40KU6000KXXU and UN40J5200AFXZA.

The EU TV has a 'PAL Tuner' because I can search & find the UK Channels. Unfortunately, the screen is slightly damaged!

I think the UN TV is a US model and so it has an NTSC tuner because when I connect my co-ax cable to it & search it does not find any channels. It has a perfect screen (undamaged).

My question is simple and I expect someone will have a simple answer; and I expect the answer to be 'NO'. Do these two models (by any remote chance) share the same screen model? That is, can I use the screen from the damaged EU and fit it to the UN model? 

Thank you in anticipation!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Kypreos    Yes I can confirm that the UN is a US model and the European model is a slightly more modern model (from 2015)    I do not imagine the screens would be  particularly compatible but in any case it I would not advise to switch them  without technical advice.  You would be best to contact Samsung support for assistance if the screen needs to be fixed.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kypreos
Student
Options

Thank you! Your response makes perfect sense and will do as suggested.