Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Screen Bleed again.

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 04:04 PM)
Starcus
First Poster
Options

Sorry everyone but I guess this has come up before, but I just thought I'd see if there is a resolution before I move on and purchase a new non edge lit LG TV.

I have a UE55JS8500 Curved screen TV it's 5 years old and cost me £3000.

I have screen bleed that's getting to the point where it's now becoming annoying. I'm also noticing that the brightness has dropped.

I'm resorting to watching programs on my 15 year old Sony in my spare room!

Is there a fix for screen bleed problems?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Night_man1968
First Poster
Options
i have 5yr old 55" curved tv from Samsung and is suffering the same problem...now got a 50" Philips The One,fantastic features and ambilight.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Starcus: I'm sorry to hear that you're having display issues with your TV. Is this happening on all channels and sources? If you disconnect any external devices from the back of the TV, does the issue persist? As a basic troubleshooting step, please power off the TV, unplug it at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power on using the remote. If the light bleed is still present, please head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. Is it present in the sample image, and do you get any 'Failed' messages in the summary at the end? 

0 Likes
Starcus
First Poster
Options

Just been to a US forum there's hundreds of people with the same problem. This is obviously a design fault and Samsung solution if your out warrantee is to refer you to a repair service to look at your TV. And  of course there will be a call out fee and then oh sorry you need a new panel and the price will be about the same as a new TV.

Nearly all my considerable Entertainment and phone systems are Samsung that's about to change. 

0 Likes
Starcus
First Poster
Options

Hi

All those basic instructions were the first thing I carried out, having worked in electronics and computing systems for the last 30 years.

From the information I have gleaned around the world this is the result of heat damage from the TV and is not fixable without replacing the panel.

0 Likes
Starcus
First Poster
Options

Just checked the bezel at the sides where the screen bleed is on my TV and measured a temperature of 54°C!

This is a potential fire hazard.

0 Likes