Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 21-01-2018 05:56 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

Go to solution
169 REPLIES 169
Laurus74
Explorer
Options

Let me know how you get on, we bought ours 12months ago from John Lewis, logged the problem beginning of Jan 19, they raised a job to a tv company who contacted us to say they knew of the issue but have to get software from Samsung, which I understand don’t  have a permanent fix, still waiting. This was the reason we bought the tv & we can’t use it 😡😡😡😡😡

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Laurus74 wrote:

Let me know how you get on, we bought ours 12months ago from John Lewis, logged the problem beginning of Jan 19, they raised a job to a tv company who contacted us to say they knew of the issue but have to get software from Samsung, which I understand don’t  have a permanent fix, still waiting. This was the reason we bought the tv & we can’t use it 😡😡😡😡😡

Hi this has been an ongoing problem for the last 3 years that I know. I have had a ks,  q9f,  and even the latest 8k all had the same problem. All went back. Now have an lg. Samsung admit it is an ongoing problem with no fix time scale,  therefore no fix. Some have said manual tuning may fix but do not know. 

Paul

0 Likes
KenMavor
First Poster
Options

Did a manual channel searching and it seems to have sorted the problem.  Will keep a close eye on it over the next few days and weeks and report back if eveything works as it should.

Samsing really should be ashamed of this though - a simple, basic requirement of a TV these days and a few of their customers found a fix and implemented to the benfit of probably 100s, if not 1000s of their clients.  It's a bit like buying a car and finding that the mpg has been falsely exageratted due to computer fiddling.......oh wait...

I thing the guys who found this fix should get a free Samsung TV for their trouble..... ha ha.

Thanks to all for your help.

0 Likes
dabeeeenster
First Poster
Options

Is someone able to explain how to perform the manual tuning? I dont see an option of manual tuning blocks? I just see 67 channels or so that can be manually edited? 

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options

hi, your TV must be in live TV terrestrial, then go to settings, broadcasting, automatic tuning, do this and when you reach 20% just turn tv of. then turn on and proceed same automatic tuning to end. much faster. then your TV should be able to record if your hard drive is OK ( when you connect it first time tv should perform formatting) 

hope it help, it's working on my Samsung tv

best

darek

0 Likes
dabeeeenster
First Poster
Options

Thanks - Does this have to be done regularly or does it work for months/years after?

0 Likes
Brynl
Explorer
Options

Darekt's fix worked for me, see my post from 10th Jan this year.  It is still working 6 weeks on, but the TV does have the odd hiccup... e.g. TV goes dead sometimes when switching from playback to live TV, or when switching from an app, (iplayer) back to live TV.... I guess the point is these aren't TVs, they are computers/devices and Samsung has a few bugs in their software.  Not sure that my 93 year old mum could cope with a smart TV. ....

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
I have to do this every time my schedule recordings stops, which is around every 3 months. Manual tuning is OK too but you need to go through all channels by hand.
0 Likes
dabeeeenster
First Poster
Options
Does anyone know whether this happens to everyone that tries to schedule recordings, or only some people? Seems crazy that a feature like this is so broken...
0 Likes
Laurus74
Explorer
Options
I’ve got the same issue, under warranty so trying to get it sorted, meant to be getting a phone call tomorrow to arrange for someone to come & carry out a software upgrade, supposedly software from Samsung! If this is the case why isn’t it being rolled out by Samsung?
0 Likes