Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 21-01-2018 05:56 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

Go to solution
170 REPLIES 170
hkey-root
Student
Options

An easy effected solution and works perfectly. Many thanks.

Samsung always vex me. I wish they would pay more attention to making their devices work flawlessly from the get go before releasing them on the unsuspecting public and not expecting customers to beta test their products. 'Nearly but not quite' should be their slogan.

0 Likes
luke0380
Apprentice
Options

Dear Paul 

I have been fighting with John Lewis and a Samsung repair company called ICTV because my KS8000 49inch TV will not record to USB.  Despite it having 2 x PCB boards fitted and been in ICTV workshop for weeks.     

ICTV have turned round and said , 'no fault' so John Lewis won't honour their warranty.   JL also say they don't cover software issues either.  Yet i tried recording again this evening on a new hdd and just checked and all my schedule recordings didn't record and there is no mention of anything now.

Desptie speaking to Samsung twice.  I said i need an email to say there is a known issue before they might even consider doing anything yet Samsung as yet won't oblige.  I read in interest you have an email from the UK CEO that may help me ?

Failing that i was thinking of a section 75 via my CC company or making a claim on house insurance.  (not that it's my fault).  I feel like i am going round in a big circle.   Be really grateful for your help.  I cannot seem to find a way i can PM you,

GrayAnd77
Student
Options

Search Forum..

ks owners refund

0 Likes
luke0380
Apprentice
Options

Thanks i have done that but a long thread.   However i see the issues are mainly because people have been mis sold the TV due to a feature or usb device not being available.   Not the issue of it not doing scheduled recordings ?

I did however email the CEO , not sure how well that will work.  If there is somewhere on that thread about schedule recordings not working this would help 

Thanks

0 Likes
Cathy Ingram-Coyle
First Poster
Options

Thank you for putting your comment in easy to read english. I will try this and see what happens. Thanks again cat

0 Likes
Tu7000egypt
First Poster
Options

scheduled viewing working on my tv but  scheduled recording not and recording or times shift not working at all .in case i using different usb memory and format them many times but not helpful 

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options

Hi all

It looks like problem still exist. I gave up. Now I am recording on Virgin box. It records 6 programs on same time. Working perfect.

Anyway, will not buy another Samsung tv. After some time led light is not as it was on beginning. Rubbish

Best

Darek

0 Likes
Rob smart
First Poster
Options

there is no solution just like me don’t ever buy a Samsung tv again 

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options

Yep

0 Likes
AndrewC12
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung UE49KS8000 television and Freesat recordings has been working successfully by turning off auto tuning (under Settings and Broadcasting) and using a Sandisk 3.2 gen 3 32Gb USB memory stick. I did try a USB hard drive and this was unreliable. 

I did have one issue recently and retuned the channels and it continued to work. Note if you have recordings set-up and you perform a retune it will delete the existing schedule on the planner.

I also found if I switched to YouTube when a programme was recording it ended the Freesat recording.

The Sandisk memory stick was formatted as NTFS. 

Bear in mind you could have a larger USB hard drive attached, but the USB Sandisk selected as the device to record to.

If you attach a USB memory stick when the TV is on, it should come up and give you the option to test whether the device is suitable for recordings, a message will pop-up.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes