Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 09-11-2018 03:03 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

169 REPLIES 169
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@SBr wrote:

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

Yes on my 65ks9500 since August. Had a new one connect, new main board fitted, it worked for a week then stopped. Will do time shift but not scheduled recording. If you do a factory reset sometimes works for a week. Samsung have been pretty useless. What's annoying is I have a cheap 32 Samsung TV which works perfect.

Paul

SBr
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
Techsavy
Apprentice
Options

We have a UE49MU7070 smart tv recently purchased. Guess what, scheduled recording doesn't work properly. It seems to fail quite randomly, sometimes OK others - no! I have tried various attempts to solve the issue with Samsung via their chat line and a telephone call back response but to no avail. The help offered is very basic ranging from 'is the hard drive the correct one' to 'is the hard drive plugged in'!. I had already done the obvious like factory reseting  and ensuring that the program channel I had been watching was on the same multiplex as the one I wanted to record etc. I wanted either recognition that the device was faulty or that the design firmware was the problem. Both the assistants who I contacted seemed to be reading from a script. The telephone assistant didn't seem to understand the 'one connect' or how it related to the tv. I suppose I have a claim under the sale of   goods act against the retailer (Currys) but Samsung support really is a case for BBC watchdog! Would I recommend Samsung to my friends - what do you think?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Techsavy wrote:

We have a UE49MU7070 smart tv recently purchased. Guess what, scheduled recording doesn't work properly. It seems to fail quite randomly, sometimes OK others - no! I have tried various attempts to solve the issue with Samsung via their chat line and a telephone call back response but to no avail. The help offered is very basic ranging from 'is the hard drive the correct one' to 'is the hard drive plugged in'!. I had already done the obvious like factory reseting  and ensuring that the program channel I had been watching was on the same multiplex as the one I wanted to record etc. I wanted either recognition that the device was faulty or that the design firmware was the problem. Both the assistants who I contacted seemed to be reading from a script. The telephone assistant didn't seem to understand the 'one connect' or how it related to the tv. I suppose I have a claim under the sale of   goods act against the retailer (Currys) but Samsung support really is a case for BBC watchdog! Would I recommend Samsung to my friends - what do you think?

Samsung know all about this issue but will not admit to it. If you look on I posted my emails I had with the UK CEO. It is on the ks owners refund more info thread,  on page 3 or4. paul1277 post. Samsung admit it is a non repairable problem. Report to your retailers as a fault immediately. They are responsible under consumer law. 

tony100
Apprentice
Options

I have also recently had the same problem with my Samsung UE55NU8000 in that it was working on timed recordings with the 5min notification before the programme started, then it recorded to my 4TB harddrive and this worked fine for about 1 month or so. Then recently i experienced the same problem, no 5 min notification appeared to advise a programme was due to record and subsequently no timer recording took place. Having done a full factory reset , retune etc the problem still persisted. I couldnt believe a 1 month old TV could have failed somehow  ( the hard drive is fine )  and felt a setting must have changed somehow.I tried this and it worked for me and sorted the problem.  I went into Menu , then Broadcasting, Expert settings then TVkey Interface , then Guide. This was set on TVkey and i changed it to the other setting,  Samsung. I then came out of the Menu,  and as a test went into the TV Guide to bring up all programmes,  set a scheduled Recording for a programme that was due to start in about 10 mins time, and at 5 mins before the programme was due the 5 min notification now appeared and it subsequently recorded the timed programme. Hope this helps 

0 Likes
Techsavy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for post, unfortunately my set does not have TVkey option available in expert settings. I do wish Samsung would get this right. We've given up all recording attempts and as for Samsung recommendations - we tell all our friends!

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Techsavy wrote:

Thanks for post, unfortunately my set does not have TVkey option available in expert settings. I do wish Samsung would get this right. We've given up all recording attempts and as for Samsung recommendations - we tell all our friends!

It as know issue with all Samsung TVs since the ks series. I had a KS9500 and had the same issues. It would work for a few weeks then stop scheduled recordings. I knew it was not the USB drive because it would do time shift and record what you were watching. Samsung had me resetting,  the replaced the one connect and main board,  each time it would work for a couple of weeks then stop. I was advised it was a Freeview issue,  not Samsung's fault,  but when pointed out the same happens with the built in freesat they went quite on that. I also pointed out that I own a older 32 inch Samsung Smart TV nd Samsung freesat recorder which work fine. Eventually they offered to replace the ks with a Q9F,  through the Samsung CEO office (as I had escalated this to the higher CEO). The proof that they knew about this issue was when they said I could have the same issue with new TV as it was an ongoing unfixable issue,  which was sent to me by email from the UK CEO's office. Guess what the new telly did the same. So if you have this problem report it as a fault to you retailer. As I said Samsung knew about this but their support would not admit to it and messed me around for about 5 months. The email stating this is posted on the ks owners refund  more info thread on these forums,  think about page 3 or 4 under @paul111

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Techsavy wrote:

Yep I had that multiple excuse until I pointed out that I had the same problem with the built in freesat recording,  which I believe do not use multiplex.  Anyway they do know about this but will deny when you  contact customer support. They even say I have not heard if this before! 

0 Likes
tony100
Apprentice
Options

Guess what, my TV has packed up with scheduled recordings no longer working, no 5 min notice of recording and no recording then taking place. Everything I tried did not resolve the problem as I did before , however on your original post i noticed  a related discussion on the same page  " Schedule recording problem solved " by Mikescooby.  I dont know if you have tried this but it has now worked for me.

That post suggested that i retune the TV , not automatically but manually  (under broadcasting , then  expert settings).    I then retuned the tv this way by accepting the various blocks of  channels shown , in my case  23 , 26 etc ,  (around 7 to 8 blocks of channels).   SO FAR  this fix has worked, it  immediately then showed new scheduled recordings i tried to record in "Recording and Scedule Manager", the 5 min notification of a recording due  is now back and it has successfully  recorded everything i have in scheduled recordings for at least  so far 1 week ( around 30 recordings )