Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 05:09 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

170 REPLIES 170
TVEye
Journeyman
Options

I'm getting fed up with saying this, but if you're using FREESAT, it is the EPG failure that is causing the problem. I thought I'd got round it by setting the recording manually, but I discovered that even this failed because of 'No programme information'. You would have thought that the EPG would have been bypassed when setting up a recording in this way, but it seems not, due not only to incompetent programming, but also because of Samsung's complete disregard for their customers for not taking any notice of the ongoing flood of complaints about this problem. Perhaps they should ask for help from those who work for JVC, Polaroid, or whoever makes any of the budget sets for supermarkets. If I left the TV fully on 24/7 I guarantee that the recording issue would not arise. Is this what Samsung is suggesting?

0 Likes
DavidR2
Journeyman
Options

I agree Samsung are being appalling on this issue. It’s quite important for some people to record tv. I respect all the potential fixes some consumers have suggested, but at the end of the day it’s in Samsung’s on power to fix the tv recording issue. I use Freeview and feel limited on what I can record. I feel that Samsung have let me down. 

0 Likes
Big_Al1
Journeyman
Options

I fitted a smart plug a few weeks ago (Tapo TP-Link) which I have set to turn off power to the TV in the early hours of Monday and Friday mornings for 1.5 hours. I have had none of these problems since. 

0 Likes
Big_Al1
Journeyman
Options

I fitted a smart plug socket (Tapo TP-Link) which is programmed to turn off the power supply to the TV in the early hours of Monday and Friday mornings for 1.5 hours. I have had none of these problems since. 

0 Likes
DavidR2
Journeyman
Options

… to be clear … what problems did fitting a TP-Link plug stop?

Big_Al1
Journeyman
Options

Scheduled recording and viewing now works.

No more "too many reservations" messages (I think I remember the wording correctly).

0 Likes
Members_zm3d4gJ
First Poster
Options

This absolutely worked for me. Retune manually, and do it for each of the channel "blocks", and you will hopefully find that you can then record in the normal fashion. 

0 Likes
Cantalach
First Poster
Options

Just a note that this approach worked for me too -
Samsung UE39KS7000 scheduled recording stopped working ~3 months ago (after working flawlessly for >5 years) ...  and this Tuning-interruptus approach seems to have done the trick.

FYI, I'm based in Ireland - our version of Free-to-air digital TV is referred to as Saorview (and the retailers indicate for a given TV that "SAORVIEW RECORD READY : YES"  (for a Samsung viewed on a sales website today) in addition to

• WORKS WITH SAORVIEW : YES
  • SAORVIEW & SATELLITE : YES

Many thanks to @Brynl and @Derekt

GrayAnd77
Student
Options

Thankyou Cantalach

0 Likes
GregPet
First Poster
Options

I did an Auto Retuning of all channels, problem solved.

0 Likes