Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Remote Control

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 05:47 PM)
agh551
Journeyman
Options

HI, I have a Samsung UE55 NU7400 TV using a remote control BN59-01268D. Only the on / off and volume buttons are working. I have tried the following;

1: Replaced the batteries ( twice)

2: Removed the batteries and pressed the on/off button for 2 mins, inserted the batteries, problem still exists

3: Unplugged the tv from the wall for 2 minutes, removed the batteries from the remote and pressed the power button for another 2 minutes. Switched the TV back on, inserted the batteries again and problem still exists.

Can anyone please offer any other solutions. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's not a lot that can be done with these as there are no settings to dabble with. It seems like it needs replacing. They are inexpensive and available from Amazon etc
agh551
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for your reply, my problem may be an "own goal" I have 2 Samsung TVs with similar remotes, and the same problem on each. I realised that I was trying to change channels on Sky and BT Digi boxes, when i changed to channels on a terrestrial aerial the both remotes worked fully. I can change channels on the digi boxes with the Samsung Smart remote and I thought it should be similar on the standard remotes.

Is this correct, you cant change change channels on Digi boxes with the standard remotes 

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, you're correct, my standard remote and Sky box don't "play".