Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv randomly turns onto bbc iplayer app

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 06:11 AM)
Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung tv keeps randomly turning onto bbc iplayer when we are on other apps and pressing nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this please? 

32 REPLIES 32
AndrewL
Options

@Susan Burden: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV? This can be found on the sticker on the back of the device, next to the reference 'S/N', or in Settings > Support > About this TV. In the meantime, please try pressing and holding the Power button on your remote until the TV resets to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for your message. The holding down the power button doesn’t fix it I’m afraid. 

0 Likes
Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

Hi, did you have any further thoughts on this please?

0 Likes
Kyle8
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue — seems to occur after a couple of hrs on another app

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Susan Burden ,

we have deleted the serial number from your post as this is a unique reference for your TV. Would you be able to share the TV model instead and the software version? This can be found on the page mentioned by @AndrewL 

0 Likes
Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

Yes it does, so annoying 

Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

Hi

model : QE49Q60RATXXU

SOFTWARE : T-MSMDEUC-1401.0 , B1970101/070204 , BT - S

0 Likes
CC03
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same problem - watching something on another app (Netflix, Disney+ etc) and the TV switches itself to BBC iplayer. Did you find out how to fix it? Thanks

0 Likes
Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

No fix yet unfortunately, so so annoying. We watch sports and it always seems to be switching to iPlayer at a crucial moment 

0 Likes