Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV randomly turning on from standby (after starting to use soundbar HDMI ARC)

(Topic created on: 16-05-2020 11:56 AM)
kyle11
Apprentice
Options

Hi

So I know similar questions have been asked on this forum, but none have a response from Samsung or anyone that's said doing X has given them a permanent fix.

I don't have this problem when only using optical, but I want to continue using HDMI ARC to take advantage of a single volume/power control. Which I know others having a similar issue are keen to retain as well. Its quite a major feature.

The TV I'm using is a ue50mu6120

The soundbar I got recently is a Sony HT-S350.

The soundbar HDMI is connected to the HDMI ARC port on the TV. Volume control works from my Samsung remote, as does turning the soundbar and TV on and off from standby.

At (seemingly) random intervals, the TV has started to turn itself on from standby. Most recently last night, so it was playing the netflix home screen - which entertained the dog for 8 hours I imagine!

Any help appreciated. I've also tried a different HDMI cable (decent quality one so I don't believe that is an issue here).

Kind Regards

Kyle

23 REPLIES 23
kyle11
Apprentice
Options

After another live chat with Samsung I've now turned off 'Standby Auto Tuning' which has also greyed out the setting called 'Wake-up Timer' (which was set to 2 hours). I don't know if that was the time it was taking to turn on before, but it does sound related.

I can't believe this has not appeared in other threads or in my previous live chats with Samsung.

Frustrating, but I'll update again if the issue has now gone away.

kyle11
Apprentice
Options

Well over 2 hours in and the issue hasn't occured...I think that may have done it. I'll leave it another day and then mark the above as the accepted solution.

0 Likes
kyle11
Apprentice
Options

Update: the TV switched itself on twice overnight again, so the above change has not solved the issue.

Samsung - still awaiting a response on this.

0 Likes
DanielAlves
First Poster
Options

same TV/SOUNDBAR and same problem. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
PabloCiravegna
First Poster
Options

Same problem with HTS530 and Samsung TV, any solve?

0 Likes
tlaszlo87
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Yesterday I bought a Sony HT-S350 soundbar, now I'm facing with the same issue: my Samsung UE40MU6122 turns on by itself randomly. Any solutions?

0 Likes
omar_sg
First Poster
Options

Hello from Singapore...
I bought a Sony Soundbar HT-S350 yesterday, connected via HDMI ARC and my 2 year old 65in curve Samsung TV now facing the same turning on randomly issue...

Would love to see a solution from Samsung, or would you reckon we talk to Sony instead?

Any hints? Thanks! /omar

0 Likes
Beont
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. Any solution until now?

0 Likes
omar_sg
First Poster
Options

I have given up... Sony tech support says it’s not the issue of their sound bar... I’ve received nothing else from Samsung other than checking some settings which mine is fine...

I have returned the Sony soundbar back to the store with a 20% cut of the refund, now considering other soundbars hopefully compatible with the Samsung TV... /omar

0 Likes