Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV QN900a 65in screen shadow and sound issue

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 06:57 PM)
Jay47
Explorer
Options
Has anyone come across this at all please. While watching TV over the past week I have a shadow in the centre of the screen. It's happening on the SkyQ box, 4k UHD films on the PS5 and also on the TV's internal apps Disney+ Netflix and BBC. I am pretty sure it's the screen now and not connections. It doesn't really show on the diagnostic test picture or video but I think that's because it's colourful and not a light bright screen. I've attached a few pictures and a video. I think I will have to try and contact Samsung direct as it's only 7 months old. Just wondered if others have had similar issue or any ideas. I do also have a Samsung Q950a surround system but that's a good distance away from the screen and panel. Kind Regards.. 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
You could try contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
And explain the issue with your new TV
0 Likes
Jay47
Explorer
Options
Thank you Steve. Yes I will do. I just hope it's not a matter of trying to pack it up and ship it off somewhere to be fixed 😞
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jay47: Is the issue present on all channels and sources, and in the sample image via Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Picture Test? If so, please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

For your peace of mind you will be able to arrange an in-home engineers inspection, so you don't need to worry about sending it away. 

0 Likes
Jay47
Explorer
Options
Thank you Andrew. I have just reported the issue to Trisha on the support chat and I have a reference number and someone will contact me to arrange a in home visit by an engineer. Thank you.. Yes it's the same on all external channels and devices and also present on the TV's own internal apps as well. It's not as clear on the test images but it seems to still be there. I was worried I would have to try and package the TV up and have it taken to a local authorized repair team. Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how it all goes. Thank you
0 Likes
Stevie010
First Poster
Options

Hi.

Surely this should be a "Replacement TV" given the issues they are having, and especially if it's a new TV ?

Jay47
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the comment. You would think so wouldn't you if it's failed after just 7 months. I have now been onto Customer Support again today as the repair process has failed. Martin Dawes have no stock and no idea when your are likely to receive stock of the replacement panel. I have request a new TV set now because it's already 2 weeks and no idea when it's likely to be fixed.. I'll keep this chat updated so that it may help someone in the future
0 Likes
Jay47
Explorer
Options
Just to update the post. I have asked for the case to be escalated @samsung. If the TV can not be fixed within a timely manner I expect it to be replaced. I have waited 2 weeks already and no end date in site when Martin Dawes are likely to get stock of the panel. Customer Support couldn't help me today either so I have asked for this to be escalated. The TV is 7 months old. If it's not fixed within the next 7 days. 3 weeks after I've reported this I will expect a new TV to replace the faulty one if Samsung/Martin Dawes can not fix the issue in a timely manner.. I will keep this post updated
0 Likes
Jay47
Explorer
Options
Just thought I'd keep this post up to date so it might help others in the future. Martin Dawes have now replaced the screen and returned the TV. It was meant to be an in home repair but the engineer didn't feel comfortable doing this here as he was as having problems removing the speakers. As well as the screen issue I also had a vibration sound issue as well. This Martin Dawes couldn't fix and they have said that this is now in hand with Samsung and I am expecting an update within the next week or two. I was advised just to turn the bass down but this doesn't work when the TV is in intelligent mode. Also for a £6k TV I wouldn't expect just to be told just to turn this bass down if there is a vibration issue with the TV it's self. Martin Dawes did attempt a fix and this now means the back of the TV doesn't sit flush with the frame. I'll hopefully get some answers off Samsung soon. I didn't know if I should start a new thread about the sound issue. Anyone else having issues with the QN900a sound at all??
0 Likes
watheheckman
Apprentice
Options

I’m having similar issues with a Q800T and have been back and forth with Samsung and Asurion on the phone for hours since February and no one can seem to get me to the appropriate people for the extended warranty I bought through Samsung or figure out the correct process as I am continually just thrown around from department to department. Do you have a more recent update and if this issue has been resolved for you yet?