Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 16-08-2017 02:16 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

Go to solution
313 REPLIES 313
Samchar7
First Poster
Options

Hi ( new to this game so go easy on me!)

Picking up the thread as got new QE55Q8FN Thursday this week. Like most who have posted in this thread after intial set up, kept jumping to TV+ every 2-10 minutes.

I tried everything suggested by multipule users on this thread to no avail.

Contacted Samsung customer support who updated the software on my TV to version 1134 and so far it seems to have rectified the problem. I will wait and see though as I dont hold much faith!

Just thought I would add my bit to see if you are on software version 1134 & if it helps you overcome this issue!

Had Samusng all my life and never had issue before this new TV which with new sound system and Blu-ray player etc set me back a pretty penny. but flipping source at will was rendering the TV useless and unfit for purpose.

dt2791
First Poster
Options
I can see where I select the channels but I don't see a Delete option. Is this onscreen or using a button on the remote?
0 Likes
Cahal
Apprentice
Options

I absolutely loathe my TV because of the malware-like behaviour of TV Plus. It gives an option to delete/remove, but it keeps coming back...this is exactly how some malware behaves.

My model is the UE40NU7120 and it’s a piece of garbage.

SJ413W
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the update on my UN43M5300, Samsung!

TV Plus streaming is a great update for me and works great 👍 

0 Likes
Avery2205
First Poster
Options

For some reason I can’t exit this TV plus app. My remote won’t let me select the home button or select any connected sources. I tried looking up several ways to reset my tv but it won’t let me because of my remote . I turned on the tv and it was on this TV plus app. I don’t have any cable hooked up to this tv. If anyone has a solution it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kelpies1
First Poster
Options

Absolutely agree with you.

My model is QE49Q6FNATXXU and is my first, AND LAST, Samsung product.

Tried dozens of suggestions about how to remove TV Plus malware, none of which worked.

Cahal
Apprentice
Options

My last Samsung product too. I find it hard to articulate just how much I loathe this device.

Just now, I was in YouTube and hit the red standby button by accident (thought I was turning on the sound bar, different remote).

No problem, I hit the red button again to turn it back on and even though the system is supposed to open the last used application...guess what appears?

Yep - TV bloody plus.

Samsung, your developers should be collectively ashamed with themselves. You are an awful, awful company, and only that the dam n TV is tethered to my wall on an arm, this thing would be winging its way back to whatever hole it came from.

JaBarney
First Poster
Options

I am running a UN28M4500 running software T-KTSAKUC-1250.5  and have had similar issues with TV Plus suddenly appearing on the TV one day. I've had similar issues reported on this thread where the TV suddenly switches to TV Plus in the middle of running another App, like HBOGO, etc.(!)  which I would classify as unacceptable behavior. Clearly Samsung should give Smart TV customers an opt-out option.

Here's how I have removed TV Plus - I've had to do this twice in the last three months, which I assume is because a new firmware build installed it back after I deleted it in the last build.

1) Watch any TVPlus station

2) Hit the "CH List" button on the remote

4) Select the "Edit Channels" button on screen

4) Select every active channel using the check boxes - DO NOT click the topmost check box that selects all channels, otherwise the "Delete" button may disappear as it assumes you may want to "Restore" a channel that is not active

5) Move the cursor right to select the "Delete" button. All channels will be deleted except the TV Plus channel you started on

6) Press "Home" on the remote  - where the TVPlus icon was should now just say "TV"

7) Make sure the TV icon is selected and hit the "CH List" button on the remote again

😎 Select "Scan Now" to add new channels, either Air/Antenna or Cable (I have neither connected)

9) Let the scan run

10) The last TVPlus channel is now gone

Hope this helps.

JaB

occicat
Explorer
Options

Have a 75" MU9000 and despite having odd angular lines moving up and down the sides since purchase now, as if the back lighting was broken from purchase.  I have a TV Plus app that has NOT been installed on my tv, coming up when I shut off a Playstation 4 or now when watching a movie. This just happened again a minute ago, where the movie was playing and immediately was interrupted by the TV Plus app playing outdoor tv. This is NOT what I asked for when I purchased this 3k tv nor is it acceptable. Samsung needs to make this right, stop putting ads and interruptions on my tv set, or refund my money in full.

0 Likes
AJB1
Journeyman
Options
Hi did you have all cables disconnected in No 8 thanks.
0 Likes