Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 01-01-2019 09:05 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Thequeenscheese
Journeyman
Options

The rakuten TV channel/app is the problem not tv+, I have deleted the 4 channels and tv+ I do not use free to air now I have the TV symbol not tv+ symbol on sources, and have fire TV, sky, and Ps4 connected by hdmi when I turn if my Ps4 for example and my sky box is also off the TV then defaults to the tuner (TV icon in sources) and normally the screen should go blank as I don't have an active channelist, but no it brings up one if the rakuten trailer channels, which maybe coming from the app but on my TV (mu55 6400) the rakuten app cannot be deleted delete is greyed out, I should not have to go into a service engineers menu to disable this and I doubt it will work either.

SO RAKUTEN IS THE ISSUE NOT TV+ RAKUTEN SEEMS TO BE EMBEDDED which means Samsung probably owns it or has shares/some big money deal etc 

0 Likes
Thequeenscheese
Journeyman
Options

I have come up with a work around for now  its far from ideal but t does revent the channels from coming on (apologies if this has been mentioned)

Restore TV+

Select the 4 rakuten channels

Now select lock

This will mean they require a pin to be viewed and won't just turn on even though the TV still jumps to them. 

On another note especially here in the UK what about people with limited Internet subscriptions like 20gb per month for e me how much data do these adds actually use? If your paying for a set amount of data each month then technically Samsung is robbing your data allowance to show you a forced advertisement with no opt out, which surely is illegal  

endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Yeah, that's what was shown in this video.. locking the app stops them coming back :smiling-face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWnm3Ji34Q

0 Likes
AVDealerCLT
Student
Options
Agree 100% if I could this TV would go back!
0 Likes
occicat
Explorer
Options

This is happening repeatedly with my 75” mu9000 and it is getting to the point that any hack or fix does not work and you have to either deal with it, contact your credit card company to state the product is defective or put a ticket in with Samsung but they don’t get back to you. So basically your out of luck. Last Samsung product I will buy and I got my inlaws to avoid getting a new Samsung tv because of it.

0 Likes
SEA1
First Poster
Options

This problem was very frustrating.  It started doing it when I made the network it was connected to discoverable. I changed it back to making the network non discoverable, but it didn't fix the issue until I rebooted the router and that fixed the problem.  Something must've been stuck in the cache? Anyway problem seems resolved.  

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@SEA1 wrote:

This problem was very frustrating.  It started doing it when I made the network it was connected to discoverable. I changed it back to making the network non discoverable, but it didn't fix the issue until I rebooted the router and that fixed the problem.  Something must've been stuck in the cache? Anyway problem seems resolved.  

Anything I do if messing with a router to take full effect like changing the 5ghz channel will always need a reboot. But glad you got your problem fixed

0 Likes
Pegatron
Student
Options

I found a way to completely disable the TV plus on the TV all together. Has been going for a few weeks now and not came back. I'm in the UK running a ue55nu7100

[Mod: Post edited at request by Samsung UK HQ.]

Please don't mess about with any other settings in here I have no clue what they do. Hope it helps someone else. 

0 Likes
RSebire
Pioneer
Options

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-08/samsung-phone-users-get-a-shock-they-can-t-delete...

Samsung and it’s undeletable spyware apps are starting to get noticed.

i don’t want these apps installed on my tv, but as you can’t remove them, it begs the question what data are they sending back.

i hope Samsung get sued and lose for this.

its greed, pure and simple.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

We've been advised to remove the steps advising access to that part of the TV. As Pegatron may have guessed, the other stuff in there can do some damage and likely brick your TV - which I'll wager is definitely not something most of you want to be doing.

For peeps wanting to permanently remove TV Plus, the best thing to do is to contact our AV Support team by phone or Live Chat when you're with your TV, and they will guide you through the process.

0 Likes