I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV. It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete. I keeps coming back.
Anyone any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
This issue is very easy to solve look back through this thread and it takes about 5 minutes to fix. I can't keep repeating myself. Click my profile look at my posts and then you should find where I posted how to fix as alot of other people have done. No point shouting like a child she there is nothing to shout about
I tried to delete the tVplus app AND the 4 channels with the dedicated options to delete them. But the 4 ad Rakuten TV channel keep coming back each time I delete them. And Samsung Tech support is confirming this.
I tryed everything, with the help of samsung support. Nothing worked. So please, don't try to make me look like a fool when Samsung is clearly trying to push thoses ad Channel on a 800€+ TV.
Edit: Change some words to be less agressive. Sorry.
Solution by Lima497 works.
I have a NU8000 model TV.
1. Power off the TV (maybe wait 5 seconds).
2. Enter the "Service Menu" for your Samsung TV (search internet to find out how for your TV model). Press the following buttons INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER-ON.The MENU button on my remote was the SETTINGS button. Buttons on your remote may be different.
3. Wait for TV to power up fully. The service menu came up after a short wait (5 - 10 seconds).
4, Navigate thru menu to select "MRT Option" then "TV Plus Support".
5. Change "TV Plus Support" from ON to OFF.
6. Press the BACK button repeatedly to return to the main Service Menu. Then Power off the TV.
TV Plus has been removed and does NOT come back even when you turn off/unplug the TV.
Note: TV Plus did come back when the samsung TV software was automatically updated/upgraded.
Will have to see if that is a one off, or if it always comes back when they update the TV software.
Hi, thanks for the info, I got into the hidden menu and followed your instructions but there was no TV plus support on there although it's on my TV.
The model of my TV is a ku6670 which didn't originally come with TV plus, it appeared after an update so maybe that's why It doesn't appear in the hidden menu?
I am sure messing with the service (engineer) messes with your warranty
Like if I rooted my S8 and tripped Knox they can tell and refuse to fix it. I hope i am wrong and because of a hidden menu
Think changing some settings in the service menu would invalidate the warranty, if a fault was considered to be directly related to such action.