Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 30-09-2018 10:11 AM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
DarrenOD
First Poster
Options

I managed to delete it by going to live tv - channel list - tv+ - all channels - then edit in top right corner and delete tne 4 channels on 4001 etc. You'll get some message but go ahead and delete.

0 Likes
Bowburton
First Poster
Options

We recently had this problem, our tv would switch from us watching sky to jumping randomly and at times constantly to rakuten tv/tv live. After reading many threads on this and a call to samsung customer services the issue was still unresolved. Following another phone call to customer services the gentleman went into our tv remotely from his end which bought up a screen we'd not been able to access for ourselves. Not sure what he changed but it did the trick and the tv is back to normal now🙂 

ami74
First Poster
Options
Thanks for this tips. It’s work for me.
KDgamer
Explorer
Options

Guys, cross posting this from Live TV home shortcut won't stay deleted in the hopes of  some one in this thread is able to help.

After following the instructions to remove TV Plus by deleting the channels, I now have a LIVE TV shortcut on my homescreen instead of TV plus. I am able to select it and pick 'remove from home' and it does go away, but it comes back some time later after a sleep/wake cycle. Seems like this is a bug as surely it wouldn't have the remove option should Samsung have intended the shortcut to be unremovable? 

tranx
Pioneer
Options

The problem seems indeed to be that "TVPlus is embedded" and can't be permanently removed, but it can at least be demoted to the end of the bar across the bottom, by navigating down from it to get the option to move it. Also TVPlus can be excluded from the 'On Now', 'Guide', and 'List' and displays, as follows.

The Smart Hub (home screen) would seems always to open on the first item in the bar across the bottom, which would then be 'On Now'  (i.e. On Now/'For You', see next paragraphs) and I don't think  this can be moved out of pole position.

However we found that the 'On Now' display can be made to show only what's on in the channels we usually watch (i.e. Favourite Channels which do not include the embedded TVPlus) as follows.

1. Set up Favourite Channels: in the List page navigate right to the panel where Favourites can be edited or selected, when the Guide page an 'On Now' bar will then also show the Favourite Channels instead of 'All Channels'.

2. Go to the 'Smart Hub' and navigate to 'On Now' > 'Browse More' > click 'OK'.

At the top are buttons (selecting on 'For You' just shows the mixed 'genres' (which may by default have been marked as selected in 3. below), 'TV Shows', 'Movies', 'Sports', 'Music':- these seem to be considered as the 'genres' which would be added to the 'On Now' bar (if they had NOT been de-selected in 3. below. but 'TV Shows' cannot be de-selected)

3. To adjust the default selection of 'Genres', Navigate to the very top of the 'Browse More' page, to make a 'Settings' icon mysteriously appear, so that it can be selected by going right and then clicking ok, (confusingly these are not the usual 'settings' but must instead be the 'On Now' settings)

4. In each of the 'On Now settings' sections, go through all the 'Genres' etc. and de-select everything. Unfortunately, in 'Manage Show Notifications' the setting 'Turn All Notifications Off' is greyed out (anyone know how to fix this or is it one of the bugs?)

Then, in the bar of preview images at the bottom which is controlled by the 'On Now' settings, the programmes on Favourite Channels come first, being the current 'TV Shows' as a 'genre'. This now turns out to be useful after all, instead of being just a nuisance.

It gets rid of all the undesired stuff from the 'genres' because they have been both 'UN-favourited' and also DE-selected (except for 'TV Shows') in the 'Browse More' pages. If only there were a proper User Manual all this sort of thing need not be so obscure, and perhaps TVPlus would not seem so intrusive!

iizno
Apprentice
Options

This stupid TVPlus only have 4 channels  (the 4 rakuten tv add.) and it pop open whenever I start the TV or stop the PS4. First, I don't want your stupid ads on a €700+ TV..

But MORE IMPORTANT,  when my children want their netflix Kids channel, they now HAVE TO see you stupid 16yo PEGI movies trailers before netflix start. WTF SAMSUNG.

Nothing worked so far, samrthub reinit, tv reinit, deleting tvplus channels, delete tvplus shortcut, this is serious stupid marketing ad forcing. I was an huge samsung fan, phone, computer and tv, but be sure THIS is the last thing I buy from you.

@Tranx: My tv doesn't have a "On Now" app/shortcut, How do you get that ?

tranx
Pioneer
Options

@iiznoat least with our QF9 TV, when the smart hub opens, a little plain blue image of a TV (with some things on its screen) now appears 3rd in the horizontal row of items at the bottom of the screen (I think they represent apps, such as i-Player and YouTube, which we do use from time to time), and the 'TV image app' is selected by default whenever the hub is opened.

This particular 'TV image app' icon can't be 'moved' (by navigating down to the 'move' option while it is selected) but those we don't want to see have been moved to the right of it and some right to the end of the row (out of the way).

For convenience we have placed the 'Live TV Freesat' icon next in the bottom row, which puts the corresponding icons for 'Guide', 'Channel List', and 'Recordings' in the corresponding row above it when it is intentionally selected, followed by the Favourite Channel Logos themselves.

I think this is because we have moved all the other apps to the right, so that 'Browse More' is the first item in the next higher row, shown upon opening the hub, being related to the plain blue icon 'TV image app' mentioned above.

After a reset, in the row above the apps following the text 'On Now', the second item now has the title 'Popular Now' above it, as a sort of heading for rest of the row of mostly blank screen thumbnails for the favourite programs.

Before the reset, for some reason this title used to be 'On Now' and showed thumbnail screen previews of the current programmes on our Favourite Channels.

- So it seems that either title, 'Popular Now', or 'On Now', are the alternatives which appear above the row, perhaps as the TV learns more about the user's settings and preferences?

I gathered that you found it annoying to have movie trailers there, so perhaps setting up Favourite Channels to limit what is shown in the hub, some more exploration of these settings, and re-ordering of the items in the apps row would help.

thepharcyde
Apprentice
Options

@iizno wrote:

This stupid TVPlus only have 4 channels  (the 4 rakuten tv add.) and it pop open whenever I start the TV or stop the PS4. First, I don't want your stupid ads on a €700+ TV..

But MORE IMPORTANT,  when my children want their netflix Kids channel, they now HAVE TO see you stupid 16yo PEGI movies trailers before netflix start. WTF SAMSUNG.

Nothing worked so far, samrthub reinit, tv reinit, deleting tvplus channels, delete tvplus shortcut, this is serious stupid marketing ad forcing. I was an huge samsung fan, phone, computer and tv, but be sure THIS is the last thing I buy from you.

@tranx: My tv doesn't have a "On Now" app/shortcut, How do you get that ?

Just block at the router, simples 

tranx
Pioneer
Options

@thepharcydethanks for the suggestion about blocking at the router, but when this was mentioned before it looked to me as if it would be quite complicated. Would you like to provide a simple walkthrough?

Re. " Unfortunately, in 'Manage Show Notifications' the setting 'Turn All Notifications Off' is greyed out ", Samsung Tv CS said it was not a bug with the Samsung TV but instead it was to do with the (Samsung owned?) TVPlus software but I couldn't find any contact or link for a specific TVPlus forum...

iizno
Apprentice
Options

I found how to block those stupid ad/trailer channels thanks to 7 calls to the samsuns support. I finally got to talk to one kind guy which gave me the right options. You need to turn off the "Auto data" option in "System -> Expert options"

Sorry if the option name is not exactly like yours, my tv is in french so I translate it.

Once this option turned off, my TV still start the STUPID rakuten ad channels but can't reach the data feed and only display an error.

Welcome in 2018 "Smart" ad TV era, people.

Samsung, I will not stay quiet about you forcing displaying 13+ Pegi trailer movies while my kids are looking at their kid channel. Not ONCE does someone on your side made excuse. Not even a simple : "We are sorry". Go to hell.

My 6yo was watching a simple mickey anime when suddenly a stupid movie trailer pops open AND SHOW A GUY BEHIND SHOT. 

WTF SAMSUNG