Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 03:41 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Melissa Laci
First Poster
Options

It’s crazy what they show without your consent. I have two small kids too at home and it’s always a surprise as to what they’ll be exposed to whenever they turn on the tv. It’s definitely one of the worst user experiences I have ever encountered. Installing it is one thing. But forcing users to watch it every time they turn on their tv is next level. 

0 Likes
Wing2012
First Poster
Options

I get nothing but many channels of programming. Not adds unless a commercial.

0 Likes
Wing2012
First Poster
Options

Dont watch it. You are the adult. Select what your children should watch. Explain to them what they can and should not watch  and set consequences if they do not abide by your instructions? Thats what parenting is.

0 Likes
SPANOUT
Journeyman
Options

Not sure you understand what our problem is... let me lead you through the process of switching on my Samsung TV and watching it...

Switch on TV

Channel 4001 tries to open (irrespective of what I watched before switching it off last time)

This channel requires internet connection. It seems to take ages to decide if it can connect or not

During this period, the remote is unresponsive

Finally channel 4001 plays or says it cannot connect

Remote now works and you can choose  a channel

This process takes 30-60 seconds. 

Would be easier to watch an old valve TV from the 70s... that was faster to show a picture

Personally, I have persevered with this for too long... I know, it isn't that much of a hardship but the point is, this was added to the TV after I purchased it, it is malware by any other name and turns the TV into dog**it.

I am now replacing with LG TVs that just do what you want them to. Massive investment in Samsung TVs wasted. Shame as I have  a lot of Samsung in my house and generally I favour the brand, but they just will not fix the problem after years of users moaning... so one can deduce that they simply do not care.

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Hey @SPANOUT .. there's a decent video which shows you how to go about disabling TV Plus.. it should stop it getting in the way. Since I did that a few years ago it don't bother me at all.

https://youtu.be/YaWnm3Ji34Q

0 Likes
SPANOUT
Journeyman
Options

Ni. Thanks for replying. I did do this a year or so ago but they eventually do come back 😞

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

With it locked, it never came back for me.. not in the past 3 years since I locked the app.

0 Likes
mbuckley
Journeyman
Options

Well said! I am now shopping for LG. I love all Samsung before TV Plus. If you call Samsung they act like they have never heard this type of complaint before. Horrible

0 Likes
VacationRentals
First Poster
Options

I’ve gotten the Samsung TV Plus deleted and channels removed. Now every time I turn on the TV I get the following.

1) Goes to OTA since no Samsung Channels. So channel 1 or 135, depending upon hitting up/down channel.

2) states antenna cable disconnected.

No HDMI used as using the Spectrum Cable TV App.

‘How to get it off of this screen and defaulting to the Samsung home page or Spectrum App?

image.jpg

Also how to get rid of the black bar that have the options starting with TV which has the Samsung TV Plus icon. (If selected, it actually goes to OTA sine all the Samsung channels are deleted).

0 Likes
VacationRentals
First Poster
Options

Didn’t work as now it says Antenna Cable Disconnected. Have to then hit circle on remote to go to home page. Also it starts on channel 1 or 135 since no Samsung channels befor going to the disconnected message. How to get it to automatically go to home page? No HDMI inputs, only using Apps.

0 Likes