Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 05-12-2019 05:17 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Jeppesen
First Poster
Options

Yes , Samsung tv was like finding a surprise masterpiece painting hidden in your attic. Only to realize within minutes  that the artist medium was their own feces. 

0 Likes
Contsi
Explorer
Options

Is this happening with other brands? Between this and storage issue on Samsung smart TV's - I need to move to another brand.

mbuckley
Journeyman
Options

No only Samsung. I was going to buy a Samsung during Black Friday but I didn't and won't until they get rid of TV Plus!! It is the worst!

0 Likes
Anin1
Apprentice
Options

I found could remove tv+ but the next day its back so thats a bit pointless really put me off buying any

Samsung products now 

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Give this video a watch.. it should help you turn off all the ads, and TV+ without having to go into the maintenance menus (and potentially voiding your warranty). Basically, if you lock the apps you don't want, they can display stuff :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWnm3Ji34Q

0 Likes
uzay
First Poster
Options

That's against my consumer rights and it may be subject to legal action. My tv didn't come with that app at the time of purchase. You have no right to come into my home and push your whatever into my devices. 

WillMcD
Journeyman
Options
Lol I’ve seen this same type of problem from pretty much everyone with a Samsung TV and they pretend to be clueless. My 2009 46” Samsung was amazing, but gave out after 5yrs like everyone else’s did. This one has been awful from the get go and my Apple TV goes to sleep and instead of turning off like it used to it sends me to TV Plus which I HATE AND NEVER USE. If you have Samsung stock sell it ASAP because no one will buy another one that has one of these turds.
0 Likes
SPANOUT
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone fancy getting together to sue the company over this issue. I have 3 TVs that start TV plus when they are switched on.  They don't always connect during to problems in wifi. This results in locking up the TV. Sometimes it can take 30 seconds before I can select a channel I want. Sometimes the TV just reboots. I am so pissed off that I have paid a significant sum of money on this and they push content at me that is of no interest.  As they are between 2-3 years old, I will have to fight the retailers to get my money back. So this needs legal action but should be done as a group to make it affordable.

0 Likes
CallMeCooper
First Poster
Options

Click Home Button to get to the menu, scroll Left To ""Source" press up and then by scrolling left to right, choose whichever connection you have as a source [i.e. HDMI 3] and one that isn't Samsung TV Plus... the Home Button will still take you to menu for your apps, Etc., But no more dealing with Samsung TV Plus

Solved!!!

Cooper

0 Likes
mbuckley
Journeyman
Options

I found it so insulting how the customer rep acted like they have never heard of the TV Plus problem!! Samsung has sunk to a new low acting as if there is no problem.