Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 02:09 AM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
DSPARE
Journeyman
Options

Something I did you may want to do: I performed some updates to the app that was canstantly being interrupted (HULU) and also to the Samsung firmware. It helped.

Another thing I did that you may or may not want to do: I have had other issues with the Samsung SmartTV... therefore, it has been banished upstairs to the loft and is rarely used. The replcement TV is not giving me these issues.

0 Likes
stubacka
Student
Options

I tried the "Live TV" button again yesterday. This time I got a "snowy" screen and a button giving me the option to rescan for channels. I did this and all Freeview channels are now back and working.

Whether this is due to Samsung actually listening to us or due to Freeview upgrading it's frequencies recently I don't know.

TV+ is still the default and the guide is for the "4000" channels until I actually select Live TV and I then get the proper Freeview guide (back to TV+ though when I exit and go back in).

I am pleased that I now have my Freeview back working but I would still like this TV+ garbage to be remove once and for all. It has nothing to offer and is simply an app for the sake of having another app.

Thanks to whoever fixed the Freeview problem but PLEASE get rid of TV+.

0 Likes
Chris19731
Journeyman
Options

C69EB8AD-B5FC-442C-982B-F92C2430138A.jpeg

Why do these channels keep appearing 

ITS NOT EVEN IN THE CHANNEL LIST 

but yet they come on every time we turn the tv on

pile of ***** Samsung 

never again

its illegal to force this on my kids 

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Did you try removing the TV+ channels following the video linked to on the previous page?

0 Likes
Patrick233
First Poster
Options

This does not deete the banner with all movies for rent etc... i found an even better way.... just go to the apps and lock with a code TV plus... it will not show the banner anymore!!!!! Hope that helps

0 Likes
Chris19731
Journeyman
Options

Doesnt work 

tv starts up on channel 4051 

the channel has been deleted !! It’s not in the channel list !! All the apps are locked I have been through everything this problem I have had for 2 years !!! 

4051 comes back again and again and again 

0 Likes
Anin1
Apprentice
Options
I am also fed up with TV+ being put on my TV the instruction for removal do not work TV+ is not wanted by me as soon as I find how to remove it it will be gone.
0 Likes
Glorfindel
Pioneer
Options

A friend of mines  told me that there's a setting somewhere in the Service Menu to disable TVplus.At least for NU7XXX series.

0 Likes
Sbrookes1
First Poster
Options

I turn my tv on too and it gets one air channel now and then goes straight to tv plus!  Help.?

0 Likes
LizzyBethCeasy
First Poster
Options
Thank you with all my heart!!!!!
0 Likes