Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 07-08-2019 07:09 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Terry231
Apprentice
Options

I think we went to smart tv, then sources, clicked tv plus,  in the upper right corner, I think, there is a link that will show all the channels,  they popped up on the left, hit select all, then on the lower right there is a delete icon, hit that.  We tried a lot of things, and it was still in tv plus, but when we went back to hdmi1, it went away and has not come back the few times we turned it on again.  I hope I rememered it all correctly.  Good luck!

Terry231
Apprentice
Options
I sent a reply but i dont see it, did you get it?
0 Likes
Terry231
Apprentice
Options
ok see it now
0 Likes
NeverAgain3
First Poster
Options

I always swore by Samsung TV's, would only buy them.

I will not be giving them another dollar, this stupid ad, err app keeps popping up.  Their greed is disgusting, though they are a conglomerate so I shouldn't be surprised.

0 Likes
TinkGirl
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.  I will be watching Hulu or Prime and it just switches and this awful video game starts!  I have deleted it from my home list but can't get rid of it!!!!

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@TinkGirl wrote:

Same problem here.  I will be watching Hulu or Prime and it just switches and this awful video game starts!  I have deleted it from my home list but can't get rid of it!!!!

I've found that it always comes back if you delete it. The only way I've got it under control is to lock the apps like what's shown in this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWnm3Ji34Q

They still shuffle themselves back to the first in the list, but at least they don't auto-play!

0 Likes
stubacka
Student
Options

But will this restore Freeview on the "Live TV" icon.

No matter what I do, I cannot get Freview any more AT ALL.

Whether I choose TV+ icon or Live TV icon it always goes to this ridiculous default TV+ loop.

Why would I want watch a continuous loop of advertising?

Samsung need to sort this quickly as they have effectively broken my TV and disabled Freeview.

It's along the lines of Microsoft deliberately infecting your computer with a virus that stops software working - it wouldn't be tolerated.

I have always owned Samsung and frequently recommend them to friends - not any more. This is a disgraceful state of affairs from such a (previously) reputable company.

I want my Freview back please and quickly.

ricsonarzola
Journeyman
Options
Thank you very much. It works.
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@Gregory_7 wrote:
It was the same for me, I checked out (Delete) all TV Plus channels in the channel list. now it doesnt show up anymore.. for now atleast :smiling-face: . Source -> Live TV -> Channel List -> select TV plus -> Select all channels ->Delete

This to remove or this to restore 

Home button - Channels List - Edit channels - Restore TV plus

0 Likes
anti_tv_plus
First Poster
Options
TV+ Too true. It is a really annoying feature. Often starts up when I first turn the TV on particularly if the last night programme was BBC ONE. Don't want it! Want to kill it dead. To clean it out completely. Come on Samsung do the honours for us.