Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 03-07-2019 12:48 AM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
syncan
Journeyman
Options
They have been more proactive deleting TVPlus posts lately...

Please sign the petition to Samsung to remove TVPlus:
http://chng.it/vGRcNZWBxS
0 Likes
DSPARE
Journeyman
Options
Here was my post: It was labeled "Marked as spam and was removed"
I have the same annoying problem. I really dislike TVPlus, and this quirk is making me dislike my Samsung to the point that I doubt I will get another Samsung "Smart tv"...

I have HULU LIVE on, and sooner or later crappy TVPlus takes over, normally right at the end of an hour long show, making me miss the ending in some cases. I thought maye HULU LIVE was just failing, but it never has this problem on my VIZIO. HULU LIVE works flawlessly on the VIZIO, so I am ruling out HULU and blaming SAMSUNG.

I have a UN55KU6300 TV software version 1233. They tell me there is an update to to the new firmware verion, but the TV isnt presenting the ability to upgrade or self-diagnose (they are both greyed out and state "NOT AVAILABLE"..), so I am advised I have to screw around with a download to a thumb drive and manually update it. The hell with that noise!! I don't feel like pulling my TV out of a console cubby hole to stick a friggin thumb drive into a USB port and maybe have a better result.

Prognosis: TVPLUS sucks and it is beginning to make SAMSUNG suck.
Cherokee
First Poster
Options

When I open my source it doesn't give me the opeion to do livetv

0 Likes
DSPARE
Journeyman
Options

@Cherokee wrote:

When I open my source it doesn't give me the opeion to do livetv

It just apppeared In Source a few weeks ago. I have no idea how it got there and I cannot do anything with it but add it to my “Home”. It is frustrating. 

0 Likes
Matthew814
First Poster
Options

I disconnected the TV from the internet. TV Plus can’t work if it can’t reach the internet. 

0 Likes
Matthew814
First Poster
Options

Mine came right back. This isn’t a solution.

0 Likes
DSPARE
Journeyman
Options

Lol. That would work if I didn’t need internet for HULU. Thanks!

0 Likes
Terry231
Apprentice
Options

I think it worked!

0 Likes
mbuckley
Journeyman
Options

What worked for you?  I am frustrated. Also I can’t believe Samsung acts like they have no idea and have never heard of this problem when I call. 

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@mbuckley wrote:

I can’t believe Samsung acts like they have no idea and have never heard of this problem when I call. 

Yup.. I had exactly the same treatment when I reported the light fluctuation issue (with subtitles affecting the overall brightness of the panel).. multiple people have reported it, but tech 'support' makes it sound like you're the first and denies all knowledge. Actually getting them to admit an issue exists is another hurdle.

0 Likes