Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 04:40 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
syncan
Journeyman
Options
I have 5 different model Samsung TVs and each one has the terrible LiveTV service.

I stayed at an Air B&B which had a Samsung and the terrible app. The owner of the TV even complained to me.

Like it’s been said before, if we had CONTROL over the app it wouldn’t be an issue.

Us consumers should have a choice on the apps we use... FREE or NOT.
0 Likes
Starks08
First Poster
Options

What did the Samsung Customer Rep say and what instructions were given and executed to make the TVPLUS app reappear on your TV?

0 Likes
Boele
Apprentice
Options

Search on YouTube how to access the blue service menu and turn off TV plus from that. 

mbuckley
Journeyman
Options

TV Plus is driving me crazy! I delete the app but it keeps coming back. Is there a way to permanently get rid of the app?

syncan
Journeyman
Options

Nope! All previous fixes have been removed by Samsung’s updates. It’s currently impossible to permanently disable the app after turning it off.

0 Likes
Starks08
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to figure out how to get it back.

0 Likes
mbuckley
Journeyman
Options

This app interferes with all other apps. I seriously will not buy another Samsung TV

syncan
Journeyman
Options

Please sign my petition to Samsung to remove the LiveTV app!

http://chng.it/4yXDt8K4xW

0 Likes
DSPARE
Journeyman
Options

I have the same annoying problem. I really dislike TVPlus, and this quirk is making me dislike my Samsung to the point that I doubt I will get another Samsung "Smart tv"...

I have HULU LIVE on, and sooner or later crappy TVPlus takes over, normally right at the end of an hour long show, making me miss the ending in some cases. I thought maye HULU LIVE was just failing, but it never has this problem on my VIZIO. HULU LIVE works flawlessly on the VIZIO, so I am ruling out HULU and blaming SAMSUNG.

I have a UN55KU6300 TV software version 1233. They tell me there is an update to to the new firmware verion, but the TV isnt presenting the ability to upgrade or self-diagnose (they are both greyed out and state "NOT AVAILABLE"..), so I am advised I have to screw around with a download to a thumb drive and manually update it. The hell with that noise!! I don't feel like pulling my TV out of a console cubby hole to stick a friggin thumb drive into a USB port and maybe have a better result.

Prognosis: TVPLUS sucks and it is beginning to make SAMSUNG suck.

0 Likes
DSPARE
Journeyman
Options
It appears Samsung is beginning to reject posts on lousy TV Plus. I posted comments on it and on how I probably won't buy another Sumsung due to TVPLus and the mods appear to have not allowed it to post. Thanks Samsung.