Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv plus problem

(Topic created on: 11-01-2018 10:23 AM)
Criddic
Explorer
Options

Hello I have a QE55Q6FAM Tv running software version 1151

I don’t seem able to access the tv plus app the channels don’t appear when I press my Tv Plus the only way I can get to channel #4000 is by voice command but can’t get channel #4001 or #4002 now I don’t have an aerial connected and get my tv channels through Freesat is this the reason why? Please could somebody help me and point me in the right direction as very little support around for this problem thank you 

81 REPLIES 81
timtreleaven01
Student
Options

Yes Samsung support is about as awful as it could the bot they try and use on the web is hilarously bad - not ideal though when your blood is boiling because their devices dont work properly. When you speak to a human all they can do is take your email and phone number, any problem resolution is clearly not part of the training. I was lucky I purchased the TV from John Lewis and their customer service is awesome. 

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

I purchased my tv from John Lewis also and I have emailed them with my concern over this promotion. Waiting to hear back from them now regarding this. 

0 Likes
sharpay999
Apprentice
Options

@Bradz wrote:

I have exactly the same problem with a 55mu6400, I did manage to get it to work for a few minutes this morning  after resetting the tv and scanning for channels in satellite instead of freesat, im not even sure if this was a solution as it disappeared again an hour later.. either way a ticket is in and I will keep you posted when I hear something...good luck.

Hi. Did you get this resolved? 

0 Likes
Bradz
Apprentice
Options

Only in samsung washed their hands with it because its an App problem, and all the other Apps work.nothing wrong with the TV itself which is understandable but either way it still doesnt work and they say contact Rakuten...who say contact Samsung...and so on...i get around it with my last post a few pages back but after flicking through what tvplus has to offer you are reallly not missing much at all..

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Well getting no email response from Samsung about the coupons now. Still waiting to hear from john lewis regarding this matter also. Any updates i will let you all know,

0 Likes
sharpay999
Apprentice
Options

3B285A88-5B09-4E7F-9400-D15B7505774B.jpeg

I managed to get tv plus to appear. I contacted Samsung support via Facebook messenger. They told me to reset my smart hub. (My tv you go to settings, support, self diagnosis, reset smart hub). I did that and signed back into my Samsung account (the same  one I claimed the vouchers with). When I did that the tv + icon had appeared that you see in the photo. It won’t appear when you select Free sat though which has already been said. The selection of UHD movies is very poor compared to what is on the Ratuken app. I’m going to contact them to ask if it’s supposed to be like that. 

Edit: you can check if your coupons have been added by logging into here http://www.samsungcheckout.com

Edit: reply from Ratuken Rev the poor selection of movies compared the Ratuken app.

Thanks for contacting us.

We are sorry that you not happy with the selection of the movie offered by TV plus.
Tv plus is an affiliate and unfortunately we do not have access to their system. Also the coupons provided by them will not be valid if used on the Rakuten app.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any queries about TV plus offer, we recommend you to contact directly with TV Plus Customer Service at help.tvplus@samsung.com

Thank you very much for your interest and time.
Kind regards,
Wonder Woman , Rakuten TV team.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

No problem with TV plus, and the link you posted to check my coupons show nothing there so I have not had them. Did your coupons show up when you logged in? 

0 Likes
sharpay999
Apprentice
Options
Yeah they did.
0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Still bugger all on my account even after they give all the bull to say they have been applied and to register a card which I done weeks ago now. 

0 Likes
timtreleaven01
Student
Options

I think based on all this I'll give up it is pretty much a shoddy scam. Almost impossibe to register and when you do seems like you have 2 films from the 1960s to view. Doesn't reflect well on my view of Samsung will try and avoid in future.

0 Likes