Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Plus has been "Terminated"???

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 03:45 AM)
kdschu
Apprentice
Options

My TV Plus stopped working, and those "channels" stopped appearing in my channel list.  When I tried to lauch TV Plus, it does nothing.  When I go into apps and try to launch it, I get the message seen in the photo.  IMG_20200406_130504762.jpg

This TV is model number: un43mu6290.  I have another identical tv purchased at the same time that does not have this issue-- TV Plus working normally on that other tv.  Any ideas??

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Solution
kdschu
Apprentice
Options

A full reset of the SmartHub brought TVPlus back, albeit with the added fun of getting all my streaming apps configured and/or downloaded.  It's funny that so many were trying to get rid of it, and I was trying to get it back.  When you don't have cable, the TVPlus app and "channels" are awesome.

RTpunk2075
First Poster
Options

You don't need to do a Hub Reset because a Hub Connection Test is only needed to reestablish the connection. You won't have to redo all of your app sign-ins by just using the connection test either.  You're welcome. 

0 Likes
Bluebird1
First Poster
Options

How do I reset my hub?

0 Likes
RTpunk2075
First Poster
Options

Be sure to exit any apps in use on TV by tapping Exit button .  Now tap Home button, go to Settings, then Support, then Self Diagnosis, then Reset Smart Hub. Voila!

0 Likes
RTpunk2075
First Poster
Options

But.. But.. You may only need to do a connection test by going to Settings, then General, then Network, then Network Status. I'd do this first because you won't have to sign in again to your apps if this does the job as it did for me.

0 Likes
kdschu
Apprentice
Options

@RTpunk2075 wrote:

But.. But.. You may only need to do a connection test by going to Settings, then General, then Network, then Network Status. I'd do this first because you won't have to sign in again to your apps if this does the job as it did for me.

Network Status resets your network connection.  That was not the problem.  I didn't have the TVPlus App any more-- it was MISSING.  The network was fine-- the apps I had were working normally and utilizing the network connection.  The TVPlus App wasn't there to use on the network, so resetting the network connection would not have done anything.  The hub had to be reset.

0 Likes
Seyha_Ha
First Poster
Options

I just bought Samsung TU 7000 but I can't find TV plus also.

0 Likes
Bluebird1
First Poster
Options
Had to download software update. Wi Fi wasn’t fast enough so had to run a long enet cable. It’s been 20 hours, still works. Thanks everyone
0 Likes
cYpherL0K
Student
Options

FWIW, I had to do a full hub reset as well.  I tried just the network reset and other suggestions, but only the full hub reset worked. Newer UN65RU8000FXZA.  
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

0 Likes