Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV pixilation

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 02:06 PM)
allanpeter
Apprentice
Options

I have a fairly old Samsung 10" LED TV model 19D4000NW.  It has started pixilating, but only on BBC1 and BBC2.  It shares an aerial splitter with a (slightly) newer Sonia Bravia TV, which does not have this problem.  I have auto-tuned the Samsung, and run the picture self-diagnosis - but no improvement.  I have changed the Samsung section of the aerial - but no improvement.  All the evidence points to a weak signal strength.  Any suggestions as to what to look at or test next?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
allanpeter
Apprentice
Options

I meant 19" Samsung - not 10"!

0 Likes
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Did you install the splitter? Have you tried swapping the TV's around to see if the problem is present on different TVs plugged into the problem aerial lead, Personally I'd start by checking if part of the inner lining of the coaxial lead is touching the wrong part inside the splitter(when installing the splitter did you pull back the fine wires before attaching the male/female connectors) if the Samsung TV was fine before and the Sony TV is fine now it's the splitter at fault
0 Likes
allanpeter
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for this, Charlie.  Yes- the splitter was a ‘home job’ , but I did pull the fine wires well back and clear of the central core.  I will try swapping the leads over first, and then follow through your other points if that doesn’t  identify the problem cause.  Allan

0 Likes
Solution
allanpeter
Apprentice
Options

Well- it was the cable from splitter to TV.  When I looked for an RG rating on the old 4m length of cable it didn't carry any identification.  So I went down to get some new RG6 coaxial cable, fitted new connectors (taking note of your comments) and, perhaps my imagination, the picture on all channels seem to be brighter!  The old cable must have been in for over 20 years, so I think it just died of old age. Problem resolved.  Thank you again for your support  Allan 

0 Likes