Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv picture frozen, black screen and tv turning on and off

(Topic created on: 31-08-2020 08:28 PM)
Cam92
Apprentice
Options

This is going to be a long post so here we go.

I purchased a tv end of March 2020 which was a Samsung QLED QE55Q60RATXXU. I've never owned a smart tv from Samsung because I tend to hear bad things regarding their customer service and the general glitches with their products. Owning a number of Samsung devices already I decided to give this one go. 

I couldn't regret it more than I do now and this is why. 

Last week (22/08/2020), I switched on the tv and the picture completely froze on the screen. Initially I thought it was the battery so I changed it multiple times but the issue still remained. I then was able to do factory reset (after several attempts having to soft reset the tv just to get to the general settings).  I did this multiple times and still no luck. I then began to experience the tv powering on and off at random times without me even touching the remote. At this point I sort advice from Google and tried EVERYTHING suggested. I even wrote in community forums and sort advice from other samsung tv owners having experienced the same issue. After not finding any resolution to this, I then decided to contact Samsung. I tried to start live chats multiple times  with Samsung but I found my messages being ignored for over 30 minutes.. eventually when I was able to get through to someone, they attempted to remotely access my tv but it only made the tv worse because for over an hour, the tv started to display black screen. I was told that someone would be in contact with me and that I should send the video with the issue to an email address provided. I did this and 3 days later, I have not heard anything back. I have called Samsung also and a few times, they kept hanging up on me and one rudely told me to give her my email address and when I did she hung up. Other times i was kept on hold for over 30 minutes. The last time I called and explained my issue and also mentioning that the TV is still under warranty and suggested a technician may need to be sent out to inspect the tv, the advisor tried to sell me a product care package and didn't seem to take into consideration anything I had mentioned.  

I have had no working tv for the past week and can't even switch the source to atleast play my ps4. Judging by other threads I've come across, this seems to be a common issue with Samsung Tvs and Samsung i believe are aware of this issue and therefore are reluctant to actually address it unless they charge customers for the repair that is no fault of their own.

Sadly I have a Samsung Tab S7 plus and Samsung Note 20 Ultra being delivered over the next few days and contemplating where to return it.

Anyway back to the TV. If anyone has had similar issue with their Samsung tv where it is freezing, non responsive and showing black screen. Please advice on how I can resolve this. I have also attempted to book a repair online with Samsung but the page where I put my product details either crashes or doesn't display any texts to write in. 

I'd appreciate any help i can get with this seeing that Samsung do not want to help. 

8 REPLIES 8
TG14
Journeyman
Options
hi, right when you turn on the TV now does it show a black screen?
TG14
Journeyman
Options
and what's the model number please.
crawfy71
Student
Options
take your problem up with the store you bought it from,they are responsible for the tv,they should repair or replace it. by the way I've always used samsung products and I swear by them,I've still got a good 3d tv 10 years later. hope this helps
Cam92
Apprentice
Options
I was able to get it fixed through Samsung. They said the motherboard was damaged and had to replace it. It took less than 5 minutes to fix. I tried contacting the retailer ( Argos) but they weren't interested and told me to contact Samsung.
0 Likes
Gil2021
First Poster
Options

Hello.

I have also a QE55Q60RAT and it started a month ago to continuously bootloop. Logo, channel and then a few seconds after freezes and off, to restart all over again.

I already changed the power board and the logic board, with no effect. 
I called Samsung for technical service which they forward me the a company that did nothing and after just looking to the tv on the visit, emailed later saying I would need to change power board, logic board and lcd panel, giving a total of 450 pounds for the service. I said no because it’s practically like getting also another tv, just saving the plastic framing. 
overall very bad service of Samsung. I’ll never buy again from Samsung.  LG is miles better in reliability and support.

RoccoT444
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem.  It turns on and immediately freezes. Can’t use any buttons but power.  Luckily it’s on my Xbox but I can’t go to tv. How do I fix it? Who did you contact at Samsung 

0 Likes
Smart home
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have just tried a very easy way and I was shocked it is working again without any problem. I had the same problem you have and I just used my hair dryer on cold mode directly to the holes in the back of my TV for just few seconds. Then I plugged in my TV and it worked immediately without any freezing, black screen and turning on or of by itself. Just try this trivial way and it will work with you. Sometimes the dust on boards causes such problems. Good luck

0 Likes
Cam92
Apprentice
Options
Samsung technical team ended up replacing the motherboard which worked out. So far no issues since.
0 Likes