Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV only shows partial picture

(Topic created on: 03-07-2020 03:59 PM)
Tim812
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the 75" MU8000. I just noticed that no matter what source is used (e.g. DirecTV via HDMI or Netflix app), I can only view partial picture. However, all menus still show up normal. 

The Netflix menu all shows up on the TV fine. It's only when I start a show the TV wouldn't display correctly like the picture below. 

897ADEE0-CD74-4CAB-B0C7-F1F42F6C9199.jpeg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Tim812, can you try power cycling the TV? Unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. You also mentioned that menus are visible, can you check what software version the TV is running on? Menu > Settings  >Support > Contact Samsung. It should be ver. 1280.5.  You can also run a Picture Test: Menu > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. 

0 Likes
Tim812
First Poster
Options
@CarloL that fixed the TV! Do you know how this would happen?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Did you try all the steps @Tim812 or some of them? This may be a temporal issue with external devices/apps. However, I would be unable to confirm without any more information. Please contact us if this happens again.

0 Likes
Tim812
First Poster
Options
I was able to power cycle and that fixed it.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That may indicate that any connection or app cache was affecting the TV being cleared during the restart :smiling-face:

0 Likes